Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-11-2019, 11:01 AM   #6751
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Jim Lee Storm from Sideshow

All Sideshow X-Men PFs are Jim Lee versions, but Storm is not. Sideshow only produced the original Storm. It's a beautiful sculpt, but it would be nice to have the Jim Lee version of Storm to display with the other 90's members.

I don't want to have to display the XM Storm with Sideshow pieces. I'm collection both, so I would like to keep Sideshow and XM X-Men separate.

thanks
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 02:43 PM   #6752
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Hello Alex,

I wanted to know if Sideshow intentionally changed the Wednesday live schedule and decided from now (and already since a few weeks) to never again show anymore the PFs, statues and Maquettes which will be on preorder the following thursday ?
I think it all began with the Harley Quinn animated statue then we didn't see the Lobo maquette, the little mermaid morning version, the Juggernaut maquette, the Jean Grey PF and the newest one the Cable PF.

Is this an official and irreversible decision on your part ?
If the answer is yes, is it possible to know the reason that motivated this big change in your marketing process ?

And just so you know, I'm really interested about this subject because those lives really helped me to pull the trigger when I was on the fence to take the decision of buying or not a statue. Viewing it in a video is a real added-value in addition to the images, watching it on the table next to Susan who nearly always turned it around itself, with a few close-up of camera... It helped me a lot to decide, so for me it's a real shame to have lost this important part of the presentation of your new statues.
Therefore , I was wandering if you could at least make a 360° video to "replace" it, even if it will obviously be way less effective and interesting without the comments of Susan and everything I talked about before.

Thank you for your answer.
Frayhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:33 PM   #6753
ukshaun
Hercules

hi Alex,

Sideshow appear to have a thing for Jaws lately. You probably can't answer right now, but i wondered if there was anything Jaws related planned as part of Sideshow's horror line, which seems quiet lately..

I had this idea for a Jaws piece inspired by one of the Court of the Dead pieces. It would depict the moment Jaws takes his first victim. The piece could possibly incorporate the victim and Jaws. Lower half of the victim would be in Jaw's mouth, and part of the upper half would be set in clear resin complete with bubbles. This would censor any nudity - well placed resin blood soaked water (water mixed with blood) might help in this appear also.

Super super basic mock-up that gives an idea, but requires lots more work to make it work better
..the shark would need to look more like Bruce the model. Maybe the base of the shark could blend into a black blue clear resin mass of bubbles implying speed, movement, dark-depths of the ocean.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:40 PM   #6754
SONICobra
Batman

will all the portals on the cable pf be optional to display?
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:05 AM   #6755
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hi, SSAlex.I just want to ask, what's the situation between sideshow collectables and prime 1 studios?[as The Dark Knight Rises Bane and Predator 2 City Hunter Predator statues STILL haven't gone up for pre order on sideshow's website, and there are ALOT of collectors waiting to pre order these items.]Any info you can offer will be GREATLY appreciated.Cheers!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:59 PM   #6756
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Will the last announced avengers in the 1/6th line be released? Panther and Widow? Do we still have a chance for ant man?
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:27 PM   #6757
FJC
Midnighter

Hi Alex! Is there any chance we can get a pic of Cable front facing without his cape added to the photo gallery. Sideshow has a pic of his back without the cape on but not his front. I would be displaying him without his cape but have no idea what that would look like since no one provided pics of him facing forward without the cape. Thanks!
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:29 AM   #6758
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Hi Alex! Is there any chance we can get a pic of Cable front facing without his cape added to the photo gallery. Sideshow has a pic of his back without the cape on but not his front. I would be displaying him without his cape but have no idea what that would look like since no one provided pics of him facing forward without the cape. Thanks!

We need this image to be added to his gallery.
It really is an essential pic, because it is the only different way of diplaying Cable that you didn"t show us.
Frayhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 08:17 PM   #6759
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

When will sideshow move away from faux leather to real leather on these premium formats?

Apart from just leaning issues over time with any piece the faux leather material also starts to flake which makes the piece useless.

My concern is the new rogue PF. The jacket isn't removable so the material is important for durability.
Faux leather will always be bad leather in this industry and considering the extremely rapid high costs we pay (outside of US especially), why not give us leather?
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:20 PM   #6760
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I'm thinking she ain't answering anymore.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote