Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-28-2019, 07:41 PM   #1881
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I wonder if the next pf will be a movie version? Normally they do movie versions to milk the movies at the time of release.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:49 PM   #1882
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I wonder if the next pf will be a movie version? Normally they do movie versions to milk the movies at the time of release.
I wondered about that. I asked about MCU PFs and was told last one was Captain America from Winter Soldier. Doesn't seem like Sideshow does them often.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:06 PM   #1883
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I wondered about that. I asked about MCU PFs and was told last one was Captain America from Winter Soldier. Doesn't seem like Sideshow does them often.
Interesting... Maybe they didn't sell? Now they would be 600.00-799.99.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:07 PM   #1884
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Their face sculpts are horrible and most movie versions are uninspired.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:24 AM   #1885
Squirtle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

How is everyone enjoying their Captain Marvels? I have the opportunity to get a new EX version for US$1,000 which is way over the original price but I think she would be great to pair with the upcoming Doctor Strange

Are there any leaning issues experienced? Do you guys prefer the regular or helmeted head?
Squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:44 AM   #1886
schachi08
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtle View Post
How is everyone enjoying their Captain Marvels? I have the opportunity to get a new EX version for US$1,000 which is way over the original price but I think she would be great to pair with the upcoming Doctor Strange

Are there any leaning issues experienced? Do you guys prefer the regular or helmeted head?
The statue is awesome, but I would never pay that much for it. No, I did not have any leaning issues on mine and I prefer the regular head, because it shows Miss Danvers eyes and haircut.
I am quite sure that Sideshow will release an updated version of this character in the near future. If you see the increase in details on the suits of the new Rogue or Sabretooth PFs, it cannot be wrong to wait.
schachi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:50 AM   #1887
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtle View Post

I have the reg as I prefer maskless portraits on my statues. I have had no leaning issues. She looks amazing next to Rogue (who have a history with one another).
Old 04-01-2020, 10:12 AM   #1888
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I have this on my "wishlist" of statues I would like to get, but the price this goes for these days is a bit ridiculous. I've seen the EX go for $850ish so I would say if you want this, wait for a price closer to that. Don't give in to $1000 or more.

As far as an "updated new 1/4 statue", unfortunately I think you would be waiting atleast 4 years or more. Looks like the "new" Avengers Assemble 1/5 statue line has a Captain Marvel that they have "teased" with a silhouette a while ago would be the next release. And that probably is a year or more off.

So idk about a new 1/4 statue. I would love one sooner tho I'll say that.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:23 AM   #1889
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I have this on my "wishlist" of statues I would like to get, but the price this goes for these days is a bit ridiculous. I've seen the EX go for $850ish so I would say if you want this, wait for a price closer to that. Don't give in to $1000 or more.

As far as an "updated new 1/4 statue", unfortunately I think you would be waiting atleast 4 years or more. Looks like the "new" Avengers Assemble 1/5 statue line has a Captain Marvel that they have "teased" with a silhouette a while ago would be the next release. And that probably is a year or more off.

So idk about a new 1/4 statue. I would love one sooner tho I'll say that.
I'm hoping someone does a Larsen version as I agree that another comic one seems a while off, from Sideshow, XM, or anyone else.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:37 AM   #1890
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'm hoping someone does a Larsen version as I agree that another comic one seems a while off, from Sideshow, XM, or anyone else.
Personally I'd rather not have a movie version, but that's just my opinion. Or I should say, I wouldn't buy it. I hope they do one for people that wan't it for sure!

I'd love a new comic Captain Marvel, or even a comic Ms. Marvel of Carol Danvers, not Kamala Khan.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote