Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-07-2020, 04:22 PM   #581
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Also worth noting, The exchange rate on Paypal for my payment was $73.00 higher than the regular daily exchange rate if you googled it. Serious getting sick of Paypal and their fee's/shady ----...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 05:20 AM   #582
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Totally agree . Their conversion rates are always higher as well . There needs to be better way than using these guys. Don’t feel safe with them anymore anyways
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 09:54 AM   #583
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
USD $676.72 with insurance... Shipping this week...

and yes, Was for combo Thanos/Lady Death
Do you know how many boxes is the set?
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 10:22 AM   #584
Puni
Birdman

2 Boxes
Puni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:09 AM   #585
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
USD $676.72 with insurance... Shipping this week...

and yes, Was for combo Thanos/Lady Death
Wow, I live in the suburbs of Chicago and I thought the shipping was super expensive on my transformation HULK. You got me beat. Shipping costs have just skyrocketed. It looks like I'm going to have to tap out on future XM pieces. It's ridiculous paying that much for shipping alone. I simply can't justify it.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:38 AM   #586
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Yep, I'm out on XM stuff too. The total cost of their 1/4 statues at this point is insane and just not worth it in any way.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 12:00 PM   #587
SkilledButton
Nightwing

I always see this complaint about XM shipping but I'm guessing most people with this angle are Americans?

As someone who isn't American, I get no such "deals" from sideshow in terms of shipping costs. If I wanted to buy a "larger" piece like juggernaut for example, I'd have to pay a few hundred US and I can do the same with an XM piece (a little more if I want express).

Almost no difference outside the original sticker price, which sideshow certainly has cheaper but I also really don't like a lot of their pieces as much as XM and would happily pay a few extra dollars for something I'm excited for. To each their own of course, hopefully we still see you guys around to contribute on this side of the forum.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 12:29 PM   #588
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

The set comes in two boxes and if the shipping is split 50/50 then a single box is $315, which falls in line with what we have been seeing lately in terms of express shipping fees to the US.

Shipping has increased but there's always the economy option. I'm entertaining going with that option on future pieces. Paying around $300 per piece for express starts to add up when they start shipping out within weeks of each other.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 12:34 PM   #589
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I always see this complaint about XM shipping but I'm guessing most people with this angle are Americans?

As someone who isn't American, I get no such "deals" from sideshow in terms of shipping costs. If I wanted to buy a "larger" piece like juggernaut for example, I'd have to pay a few hundred US and I can do the same with an XM piece (a little more if I want express).

Almost no difference outside the original sticker price, which sideshow certainly has cheaper but I also really don't like a lot of their pieces as much as XM and would happily pay a few extra dollars for something I'm excited for. To each their own of course, hopefully we still see you guys around to contribute on this side of the forum.
I share the same mindset. I am willing to absorb the additional cost if it meant securing a piece that I truly want.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 01:00 PM   #590
Nysith
Frackin!

$900
Nysith is offline   Reply With Quote