ukshaun
Hercules

(deleted)
Wrong thread.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:22 PM   #4432
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Menat is the best newcomer they've made since 2010.

Hopefully Zeku follows up as strong.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:04 PM   #4433
Klear Knives
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
Menat is the best newcomer they've made since 2010.

Hopefully Zeku follows up as strong.
I really like Abigail
Klear Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:15 PM   #4434
goatchumby
The Herculoids

+1 on Abigail. You have to put some work in with Menat to get big damage. With Abigail, all you need is three or four good punishes to put someone down.
goatchumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:00 AM   #4435
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Abigail is amazing! Currently my 2nd favorite character in SFV.

Honestly Season 2 has been a huge win! Akuma, Kolin, Ed, Menat are all amazing!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:03 PM   #4436
Joppula

Howdy y'all!

Great day for SF fans as SFVAE has been announced! Tons of New modes and content!

All free to people who already own SFV (I'm buying the disk anyway!).

But a disk release version containing all S1 & S2 characters is available on store shelves in January for $40.00!

Too many modes (for me) to list here! Street Fighter fans won't be disappointed!

Gallery mode!!!! (For one!)
Old 10-05-2017, 03:23 PM   #4437
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Howdy y'all!

Great day for SF fans as SFVAE has been announced! Tons of New modes and content!

All free to people who already own SFV (I'm buying the disk anyway!).

But a disk release version containing all S1 & S2 characters is available on store shelves in January for $40.00!

Too many modes (for me) to list here! Street Fighter fans won't be disappointed!

Gallery mode!!!! (For one!)
Update looks pretty awesome!

Looking forward to it.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:28 PM   #4438
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

It’s going to be awesome!
Old 10-05-2017, 07:47 PM   #4439
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

All the new content is certainly welcome (Survival mode seems to have disappeared, at least temporarily, from the screenshots I saw ). It's all a great addition that didn't necessarily need to be offered, so I'm grateful. It actually makes me excited to play again, when I thought the DLC characters would do that for me (but they haven't).

However, offering more content to new users for less money is poor form. The season 1 and 2 characters should be included for everyone at this point. (BTW, how would you play Arcade mode without buying all character released thus far? There are spots for (almost?) all of them on the ladder. So they're giving you a new mode that won't be (fully) usable unless you spend money?)

It's nickel and diming the most loyal, hardcore fans.

Charging for characters is a bad idea to begin with (across all fighting games), imo. It segregates the player base, which is exactly what they claim they wanted to avoid with multiple game editions. A hardcore fan will buy/unlock all characters, because it is a necessity to learn matchups. A casual fan won't (as readily), therefore ensuring that they remain casual fans, and won't graduate to more skilled levels. It's not a mindset consistent with growing the FGC, so it's contrary to other decisions and statements they've made.

It makes poor marketing and business sense. A character is a one-time purchase, but afterward, is a gateway to be sold nearly infinite colors and costumes. If the character isn't sold, there will be no follow-up purchases.

I have a hardcore mentality, but not the time any more, to devote to unlocking everything in-game. Capcom are assuming someone like me would then default to purchasing the unlocks outright, but they're wrong.

Times have changed. Now it's a 'service model'. Fine. But characters ARE a fighting game. Colors, costumes, stages, BGM - all cosmetic. That makes sense. But characters shouldn't be optional. Maybe they should start withholding parts of characters...perhaps limbs, for an extra charge? (No Oro jokes)
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:14 PM   #4440
Joppula

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
All the new content is certainly welcome (Survival mode seems to have disappeared, at least temporarily, from the screenshots I saw ). It's all a great addition that didn't necessarily need to be offered, so I'm grateful. It actually makes me excited to play again, when I thought the DLC characters would do that for me (but they haven't).

However, offering more content to new users for less money is poor form. The season 1 and 2 characters should be included for everyone at this point. (BTW, how would you play Arcade mode without buying all character released thus far? There are spots for (almost?) all of them on the ladder. So they're giving you a new mode that won't be (fully) usable unless you spend money?)

It's nickel and diming the most loyal, hardcore fans.

Charging for characters is a bad idea to begin with (across all fighting games), imo. It segregates the player base, which is exactly what they claim they wanted to avoid with multiple game editions. A hardcore fan will buy/unlock all characters, because it is a necessity to learn matchups. A casual fan won't (as readily), therefore ensuring that they remain casual fans, and won't graduate to more skilled levels. It's not a mindset consistent with growing the FGC, so it's contrary to other decisions and statements they've made.

It makes poor marketing and business sense. A character is a one-time purchase, but afterward, is a gateway to be sold nearly infinite colors and costumes. If the character isn't sold, there will be no follow-up purchases.

I have a hardcore mentality, but not the time any more, to devote to unlocking everything in-game. Capcom are assuming someone like me would then default to purchasing the unlocks outright, but they're wrong.

Times have changed. Now it's a 'service model'. Fine. But characters ARE a fighting game. Colors, costumes, stages, BGM - all cosmetic. That makes sense. But characters shouldn't be optional. Maybe they should start withholding parts of characters...perhaps limbs, for an extra charge? (No Oro jokes)
My brother, the content isn't being offered to other people for less. It's being offered to you for free as well.

You won't spend an additional cent for this content.

As for paying the initial purchase price of the game... that's on you. Early adopters always pay full price. You've had it way longer than a $40.00 player.

This month someone will be able to buy a better, less expensive PS4 than the one I bought years ago. Do I begrudge them? No, I've had the system longer and created many great memories using it. That's the way of things.

And all video games get "complete" goty editions. The difference is this stuff is all New, and everyone gets it completely free!

I could argue that Maps and Guns are core features in FPS games. But they are sold separately or in packs.

You don't have to like it, but don't only hold (broke as hell) Capcom's feet to the flame for "nickle and dime practices".

And to be fair, the $40.00 disk version offers a great value of 12 dlc characters. A great value, but doesn't make season pass owners (like myself) feel burned.

We need knowledgeable guys like you to take a long hard look at what they're offering and how they are offering it and spread the good word. Because the idea is to bring in as many New players to the franchise as possible! Too many people are having this "oh here we go again getting ripped off" knee jerk reaction.

Honestly Capcom's DLC practices kill every other company. Feel free to check comparable content offerings/prices.

Oh, I think we also forgot to mention that EVERY CHARACTER is already FREE with Fight Money! Of which I've already collected over $2,000,000! So it can be done.

I'll be buying AE. Followed closely by S3 season pass! And Dragon Ball FighterZ in February! (Dream Game!)

Cheers

Final thought.

It was the FGC from years past (and present) incessant complaining about "having to buy the New disk" or "the New version" that convinced Capcom to take the service model route. And it's probably better that they did. Because Capcom has stuck to their "you'll only ever need one disk" promise. And now the player base will not be segregated by version.

As far as "not owning the characters" playable in arcade. They could easily still be computer controlled characters for arcade battle. They did that for story mode already.