Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 09-14-2017, 09:59 PM   #281
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QX403 View Post
Well Psylocke was the wrong color in the first place. Her suit is Sparkly Navy blue with a baby blue sash when it should have been black and a white sash. Maybe they switched because the factory producing them couldn't get the colors correct.
The first DRS Psylocke was correct and the 2nd is supposed to be black with white since it was the X-Force version.

Spiderman also had a metallic paint job too.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:26 AM   #282
QX403
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster702 View Post
The first DRS Psylocke was correct and the 2nd is supposed to be black with white since it was the X-Force version.

Spiderman also had a metallic paint job too.
I'm saying she's Sparkly Navy blue with a baby blue sash making her the wrong color for the x-force version.
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:13 PM   #283
Naru
Mephisto

https://youtu.be/JcvPkrruD30

That's a custom Jim Lee Storm by John Ficci. Great work as always.
The costume colour is perfect. A happy middle ground for everyone I hope.
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:43 PM   #284
dechirico7
The Flash

Well technically the Jim Lee storm costume was silver.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:44 PM   #285
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Well Psylocke was the wrong color in the first place. Her suit is Sparkly Navy blue with a baby blue sash when it should have been black and a white sash. Maybe they switched because the factory producing them couldn't get the colors correct.
Quote:
I'm saying she's Sparkly Navy blue with a baby blue sash making her the wrong color for the x-force version.

Um... what? You're all over the place. This is the Jim Lee Danger Room Sessions line. Koto's first release is her in a blue suit with a pink sash, and that's absolutely correct I don't even think Koto released a navy blue costume with baby blue sash. Closest I can find is the black costume with baby blue sash *shrugs*

Point is there's no reason for Storm to not be part of the DRS series, and therefor have a different color scheme than what's on XMen #1's cover. And if the paints are gonna return to their metallic origins, then go silver. If not, go white.
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:58 PM   #286
QX403

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Um... what? You're all over the place. This is the Jim Lee Danger Room Sessions line. Koto's first release is her in a blue suit with a pink sash, and that's absolutely correct I don't even think Koto released a navy blue costume with baby blue sash. Closest I can find is the black costume with baby blue sash *shrugs*

Point is there's no reason for Storm to not be part of the DRS series, and therefor have a different color scheme than what's on XMen #1's cover.
I'm talking about the fine art line which encompasses DSR. She has a Navy blue suit with a baby blue sash, I repainted one with a white sash. The point I'm trying to make is that Koto isn't always spot on with color sometimes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2236.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	108169   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2234.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	286.1 KB
ID:	108170   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2235.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	377.1 KB
ID:	108171  
Old 09-19-2017, 07:16 PM   #287
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

^^^

Weird, that looks black to me lol

And back to your first reply of my post, I agree it's an odd duck when it comes to colors. When Cyclops was previewed with metallic colors and then released with flat colors and altered sculpts Koto never gave any reasons as to why it happened. At best I think they said something like "we'll have to talk to our factory about what happened" or something, and they never said anything again.

It sucks, but I'm still hopeful that if Storm is released with flat paints that she's white instead of an ugly, flat grey. If it's metallic paint, let's go all the way with silver imo =)
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:00 PM   #288
QX403

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
^^^

Weird, that looks black to me lol

And back to your first reply of my post, I agree it's an odd duck when it comes to colors. When Cyclops was previewed with metallic colors and then released with flat colors and altered sculpts Koto never gave any reasons as to why it happened. At best I think they said something like "we'll have to talk to our factory about what happened" or something, and they never said anything again.

It sucks, but I'm still hopeful that if Storm is released with flat paints that she's white instead of an ugly, flat grey. If it's metallic paint, let's go all the way with silver imo =)
I think people's ability to discern colors is different so to me it might look slightly Navy but to you black, but I think there's some dark blue in there because I outlined her belt in straight black with a Sakura paint pen and it's a different color, you have to zoom in close to see it.

As to why they changed Cyclops who knows, I personally think matte colors look better on statues and more realistic because humans don't have super shiny skin or wear super shiny outfits generally (I know they're comic book characters) but that's just me. I think that's why 1/4th scale producers usually use matte also.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:02 AM   #289
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Oopsie.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:43 PM   #290
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Well technically the Jim Lee storm costume was silver.
Maybe, but WHITE looks so much better. IMHO
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote