Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-16-2017, 06:51 PM   #381
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I don't know if there any new pics but Sisko made a beautiful vid of Spidey !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz297-UOOqo
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:02 AM   #382
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Like Iron Studios the pose is a bit awkward... I hated the marshmellow base on SS last Spider-Man statue, so much so I sold it... I like the base on XM's but like I said above the pose is a bit awkward.

Still out of all the recent Spider-Mans I like the XM's the best so far... But I still think SS original Spider-Man is still the one to own so far.
Everybody has a different opinion and here is my take on all the Best Spider-man 1/4 statues out there..1.SS spider-man PF is the best pose and sculpted except the base,The smoke could have been done better but when you match up the Greene goblin together it works out pretty good. 2.SS Spider-man Com Base is awesome but on the light side, pose is awesome but the marble head not so much.The size is little off too. 3.XM spider-man..The bombs look bad to me, i guess you could leave them off..the pose is OK..Would have no problem ordering this but still number 3 to me. Just saying..

tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:03 AM   #383
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Here's my video of Spider-Man. I liked this much more when I saw it in person, but still didn't completely love it. But over the course of the weekend it grew on me a whole lot to where I'm very tempted to order it.

XM Studios Spider-man 1/4 Scale Statue STGCC 2017

Edit:

Just noticed you already posted this. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
I don't know if there any new pics but Sisko made a beautiful vid of Spidey !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz297-UOOqo
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:07 PM   #384
Vince_be

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Everybody has a different opinion and here is my take on all the Best Spider-man 1/4 statues out there..1.SS spider-man PF is the best pose and sculpted except the base,The smoke could have been done better but when you match up the Greene goblin together it works out pretty good. 2.SS Spider-man Com Base is awesome but on the light side, pose is awesome but the marble head not so much.The size is little off too. 3.XM spider-man..The bombs look bad to me, i guess you could leave them off..the pose is OK..Would have no problem ordering this but still number 3 to me. Just saying..

It's funny cause i've just noticed that the pose on the print behind is the same kind of pose on the XM Spidey...
Old 09-17-2017, 12:13 PM   #385
GaryTonge
Kingpin

The Sideshow PF is still my favorite. If I get the XM it'll be a secondary Spidey for me.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:40 PM   #386
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I know the Iron Studios Spidey had some QC issues but I think that ranks up there among the best. It's such a creative statue and if you didn't have QC issues with it, I don't see what's not to like.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:49 PM   #387
Vince_be

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I know the Iron Studios Spidey had some QC issues but I think that ranks up there among the best. It's such a creative statue and if you didn't have QC issues with it, I don't see what's not to like.
i agree for the concept etc ...the best Spiderman statue stays IMO the IS , then the comiquette SSC. I like the SSC Spidey PF pose concept but don't like the paint and i can't forget the enormous ES... So for me it will be IS, SSC comiquette and then XM and then the SSC PF..waiting for the P1 Spidey or another SSC PF by maybe Daniel Bel...
Old 09-17-2017, 10:21 PM   #388
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Yea, its a good piece but personally i didn't like the plastic on it..Really, the best spider-man statue out there is what you like not what other's say is the best. Art is very subjective..
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:01 PM   #389
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

A few looks at Spider-Man...he was displayed on an elevated table surrounded by the Sinister Six...so, a little tough to get great pics of him:

Note: I discussed the seam in the left arm with XM staff, and I understand that it will be removed during production. The piece on display was still an early prototype.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:08 PM   #390
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Nice! Best pics of him so far. I'd rank him up there with both SS's Comiquette and PF for top 3. I heard P1 may have a great one coming too. The IS one is nice but it's too busy imo.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote