Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-30-2017, 05:48 PM   #11
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I think the MK Modern lines (MKX & MK9) are pretty close to that.

The uncertainty of Mixed Media is something that has to be eliminated for all of PCS's statues even if that means going fully sculpted.
While the Akuma and Ninjas weren't disasters they weren't the golden statues everyone was hoping for when they sold out so fast.

Honestly I just feel MK has lost the hype. It's always been 2nd fiddle to Street Fighter and not just when it comes to the games...
I don't think it has helped that the MK line in general has been subject to the most monumental delays out of all the lines also.

Consistency is my biggest issue.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:43 PM   #12
Harbinger176
The Spirit

It's too bad PCS couldn't continue the He-Man line. Really loved how they captured the animated look and feel of it. I would have been totally stoked if they had gotten the animated G.I. Joe license. Could have become the Bowen for G.I. Joe. So many pieces with that franchise!
Harbinger176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:49 PM   #13
Ballsagne
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Honestly kotal kahn is one of my favorite statues period. I love the modern mk pieces n would hope to see more. If the line is dying it's because damn near every piece is a ninja. Already 2 busts of sub zero and scorpion. Mk9 and mkx sub and scorpion. 1/3 scale ninjas. Klassic 4 ninjas, Klassic cyborg ninjas. Klassic, 1/3, and mk9 female ninjas. We get it ninjas sell, but diversity might bring hype. Let's see mkx kano and ANY shang tsung for the love of god!
Ballsagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:51 PM   #14
Indridcold99
The Avengers

MKX sold wayyyyyy more copies compared to SFV
Indridcold99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:54 PM   #15
Ballsagne
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I also think pcs is in a unique position with sf. Since these other companies are just starting or don't do much they are just gonna make the cliche characters. Pcs did those already so ifnyou like and characters that don't have fireballs this isnhere you're gonna get them in theory which is awesome
Ballsagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:08 PM   #16
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

The SF line, particularly the MM line does well because of the consistency, if you have collected the MM line from the start you can just keep buying characters like Poison, SFV Ken etc because they'll just slot into an existing collection so well and even if you haven't been there from the start you can pick up a pretty healthy collection pretty quick. A 10 year legacy does wonders for a line.

I think once the Ultra line is deep and we've got a lot of statues out it'll gain the same momentum because the idea and designs are so consistent.

MK had the klassic and the MK9 line running side by side so neither line really got a good lead and the Klassic line kinda drifted away apart from boss characters and MK9 turned into MKX which has taken 2 and half years to get 1 character out...MK just hasn't had the consistency for people to get behind it imo.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:01 PM   #17
MaxGoof
Nightwing

There's plenty of life left in Street Fighter, with characters like Karin, Ibuki, Laura, and Sakura still needing their first statues, as well as revisits to characters like Guile and Cammy.

I would hate to see PCS let Street Fighter go--that's their flagship, and nobody does it better.
MaxGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:06 PM   #18
Lorde Trooper
The Herculoids

Would love it if PCs got the dragon ball z license.
Lorde Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:02 AM   #19
ukshaun
Hercules

Someone mention the word 'regurgitated'.

Regurgitation of SF characters seems pointless, unless the the idea is to improve upon a previous statue (Chun-Li 1/3 being a prime example of greatness). With so many different Street Fighter characters, it makes less sense to regurgitate, and create characters that have not yet appeared as statues. Laura bring a prime example
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:55 AM   #20
SuperJ300
Zot

Yes! Especially the Mortal Kombat license.

I got out of the line because PCS art direction for the klassic was going no where.

Give another company a chance, that has a bit more passion for the game.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote