Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-14-2017, 10:01 PM   #21
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

One of my favorite books of all time. I read it every few years.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 01:06 AM   #22
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
Since we're talking book spoilers, pre-teen orgy replaced with a group hug. Smart move
Yea, that is always a WTF moment when I read this book. I'm no prudish female, but it's just extra icky that she is all in.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:29 AM   #23
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Yes, the spider is in the book.

What's hard to explain is that his "true form" is unable to be understood by the human mind -- the closest related thing happens to be a spider. I always thought it was because King knows people are terrified of spiders too (I am!).

Spiders are closest to the "true form", which is why it occurs after the clown.

Another tie in is that Pennywise is a henchman of Randall Flagg. THE Randall Flagg from The Stand. This is brought up in the Dark Tower books. Which HIGHLY recommend reading. They are GREAT. The movie IT glosses over the supernatural points of the book, which is fine by me. As a reader of the King universe I know how it all ties into the realm (aka dark tower), I just want a good movie.
Dont know about you, but I take that spider over that clown, The Original IT clown still gives me a ----ty feeling when I see clowns hahah
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 01:05 PM   #24
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Is this officially a spoiler thread or not? Because I have a question...
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:29 PM   #25
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Is this officially a spoiler thread or not? Because I have a question...
It is now.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:01 PM   #26
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Loved the old TV mini series with Tim Curry. I'll definitely be seeing this new version.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:02 AM   #27
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
It is now.
Thanks!

Ok so it was mentioned on this thread that the original form for Pennywise is similar to that of a spider. During the final fight scene with the kids in the bottom of the well, at one point did Pennywise change his arms to spider arms as a nod to that?
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:17 AM   #28
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
Dont know about you, but I take that spider over that clown, The Original IT clown still gives me a ----ty feeling when I see clowns hahah

Nope, I would just stroke out from seeing a giant spider. I have a true, rational phobia of them. I get shaky, angry, frustrated and my heart races when I can't leave a room with a decent sized spider in it. I cussed my brother out while in full tears when he wouldn't kill a spider that was in the house and near me.

I can't kill them myself. If I'm alone, I try to throw something at it in HOPES I kill it with one shot. If I think I will just knock it down, I run away and hope I don't know where it goes to plot my demise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Thanks!

Ok so it was mentioned on this thread that the original form for Pennywise is similar to that of a spider. During the final fight scene with the kids in the bottom of the well, at one point did Pennywise change his arms to spider arms as a nod to that?
Yes, I took that to be an homage and hint of what's to come

There is another set of homages that I had forgotten about until I was reminded of the Turtle (who has a name that I'm too lazy to google). While IT is evil, the Turtle is good. They are enemies. So the mention of the turtle while the kids are swimming in the gorge AND Georgie's lego turtle are homages to that.

The Turtle and IT are both in the book AND the Dark Tower series. If I had more hours in the day I would the whole Kingverse again. He really is a great author.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:02 AM   #29
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Of all the mash-ups the movie made of the book, the one that really annoyed me was The Black Spot. I liked the change to Mike's first encounter with It. The book one is too fairy tale-ish and this one was pretty freaky. But having The Black Spot take place in the 80s as the prelude to It's reemergence didn't work. The crime doesn't fit the decade. I'd much rather they left it in 1930 and simply given Mike's Dad's story to the grandfather. There's still every reason Mike would be having that vision had he heard his grandfather's story.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:43 AM   #30
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawk78 View Post
One of my favorite books of all time. I read it every few years.
I'm reading it right now for the first time ever. I'm loving it so far. I also want to see the movie a second time in theatres.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote