Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-04-2020, 05:14 AM   #171
ukshaun
Hercules

Just canceled my Reika 'white' pre_order with Prime 1 (i have cancelled 3x Prime 1 pieces over the past week. All my P1 pre_orders).
I cannot justify the high shipping costs combined with the 20% import + whatever else shipping companies like to bung on top (random amounts most of the time). I have one piece coming from HMO which will hit me with hard shipping, then i think it will be time to take a break, until COVID-19 passes and the shipping world can fix its prices.

Other than 4x Hot Toys figures, Tweeterhead Catwoman 1/4, HMO Sorrow 1/4 i will have nothing else on pre_order
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 11:23 AM   #172
ukshaun
Hercules

Having cancelled both the black and the white with Prime 1, i went a head and joined the waitlist for the Black via Sideshow

The waitlist converted. What i lost deposit wise with Prime 1, will probably be covered by Sideshow's better shipping rates. The money saved by not ordering the White, has gone towards the PCS Cammy Classic 1/3
Old 01-09-2021, 05:56 PM   #173
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

This piece looks amazing from some of the videos of production pieces out in the wild. I think it's too bad that many collectors will be censored by others to add this to their collection. It is the culture in many of us to shy away from appreciating real physical beauty even if only in statue form. And those boobs!

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 02:54 AM   #174
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I think a lot of us wanted a fully suited Reika. I love T&A, but Reika was quite the badass by the end of things and having her fully suited wielding a sword or gun feels like a better fit for a Gantz statue. You'd still get the giant tits and ass that way too, but also that element of cool edginess Gantz always had. It was about mixing the action and fan service. Feels like an underwhelming usage of the license especially when other Prime 1 pieces are so elaborate and have giant bases of slain monsters.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 03:31 AM   #175
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

how much they charging you for shipping. lucky for me, its not that high. they charging me about $58 but i did choose the cheapest shipping (Economy).
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:58 AM   #176
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I think a lot of us wanted a fully suited Reika. I love T&A, but Reika was quite the badass by the end of things and having her fully suited wielding a sword or gun feels like a better fit for a Gantz statue. You'd still get the giant tits and ass that way too, but also that element of cool edginess Gantz always had. It was about mixing the action and fan service. Feels like an underwhelming usage of the license especially when other Prime 1 pieces are so elaborate and have giant bases of slain monsters.
I agree about the suit part, but I don't think Gantz is that well known to justify a +1k base. I'm cool with the generic pose, since it's straight from the manga panel and the production piece turned out quite well from the few videos I saw online. I'm really tempted to get both Reika and Anzu, since the quality is really well for that "low" price. The only thing that prevents me from ordering is the reaction of my girlfriend when she sees it.
Westhelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:49 AM   #177
ukshaun
Hercules

The Sideshow shipment has been delayed by up to 3 months.
Some of the online chats have mentioned Sideshow loosing stock into the ocean, the result of a cargo ship entering difficult weather conditions. I wonder if Reika was in any of those containers?
Old 01-16-2021, 03:24 PM   #178
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
This piece looks amazing from some of the videos of production pieces out in the wild. I think it's too bad that many collectors will be censored by others to add this to their collection. It is the culture in many of us to shy away from appreciating real physical beauty even if only in statue form. And those boobs!

There’s censoring going on for this type of statue? Lol, opinions are subjective...collect as you please.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 06:21 PM   #179
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
There’s censoring going on for this type of statue? Lol, opinions are subjective...collect as you please.
I guess it all depends on whether you're willing to trade polystone T&A for human T&A........I think that's where most of the "censorship" is coming from.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 08:56 AM   #180
Leons
Doh!

Sorry, but I can afford to pay 650$ for shipping to Europe, and after that pay 20% as tax
Leons is offline   Reply With Quote