Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 08-04-2010, 03:42 AM   #21
albeeman
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Prime View Post
I can't imagine being in Vegas during July. The Convention center is not big enough to host ComicCon.

Plus moving to Vegas means the number of attendees would probably increase. At 125,000, I think that's enough people.
125k attendees is a lot, but it can be bigger. if it was bigger, the con can accept more people. you dont have to reserve your passes 1 year in advance, or hotels 6 months in advance to get placed 6 miles away from the con. Bigger space means more dealers and more options. Bigger space means no one will get stabbed in the eye fighting over a seat. Vegas got the security cameras so stolen art and sideshow props wont be stolen. Yea, itll be hot, but Vegas got the proper AC too, not mediocre San Diego Convention Center that gets hot even with the AC on.

It doesnt have to be at the convention center.. but one of the hotels has to have an arena equipt to hold it.

oh yea, vegas is CLEANER than san diego too!
albeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:11 AM   #22
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

vegas would not work for a con. to many distractions and reduced takes for vendors.... I am sorry I cannot buy this I lost $400 last night a tthe craps table.

SD needs to add on to the convention center as they have done before and I agree the AC system is not made for crowds they get but then again some of those people need to bathe.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #23
Sith_Prime
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albeeman View Post
125k attendees is a lot, but it can be bigger. if it was bigger, the con can accept more people.
I don't want it be bigger than 125k attendees, as it's crowded as it is. I mean, there's a line for everything; from panels, exclusives, autographs, etc. Adding more people won't be helpful.
Sith_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:28 PM   #24
albeeman
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Prime View Post
I don't want it be bigger than 125k attendees, as it's crowded as it is. I mean, there's a line for everything; from panels, exclusives, autographs, etc. Adding more people won't be helpful.
ok.. lets say they kept it at 125k attendees, but the Vegas venue is bigger than San Diego Convention Center. Imagine having space to walk without touching anyone!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:38 PM   #25
albeeman
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKinSD View Post
vegas would not work for a con. to many distractions and reduced takes for vendors.... I am sorry I cannot buy this I lost $400 last night a tthe craps table.SD needs to add on to the convention center as they have done before and I agree the AC system is not made for crowds they get but then again some of those people need to bathe.
I know wat you mean. My girlfriend lived in Vegas for most of our relationship. I hate gambling (when I lose)

Even if San Diego added on to the Convention Center..

But what about hotels? Travelplanners is in charge. I completed my hotel application 3 minutes after it opened 9am pst on 3/18/10.. only to find out i got placed at Mission Valley. Vegas has the BEST hotels with the BEST service. No fighting for a refridgerator or a simple cot. or having to wait for extra pillows. or needing to request maid service.

What about parking? Public Parking was PRESOLD! how does that happen.

Security? Someone got stabbed in the eye with a pen because of overcrowding. And also someone had their art stolen. years ago sideshow had their pieces stolen too. At least with cameras, we know what the thief looked like and can find the person.

sorry, i can go on and on about my grievences with san diego. I loved it the frist 5 years i went. now its just rediculous.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:18 PM   #26
Stef Jelos
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKinSD View Post
vegas would not work for a con. to many distractions and reduced takes for vendors.... I am sorry I cannot buy this I lost $400 last night a tthe craps table.

SD needs to add on to the convention center as they have done before and I agree the AC system is not made for crowds they get but then again some of those people need to bathe.
So true! A little soap, water and deodorant goes a long ways...
Stef Jelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #27
dagouch17
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

What does SDCC and Lebron James have in common?

They both thought of leaving their current cities. I can't wait to hear the press release now.

I'm going to take my talents to Insert City Here.

Didn't just only the actual Wed tickets just sold out. I would imagine if you got the 4 day pass when they open it up will include preview. And of course worse case you could get an exhibtor badge or pro?

Mike
dagouch17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:24 PM   #28
albeeman
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagouch17 View Post
What does SDCC and Lebron James have in common?

They both thought of leaving their current cities. I can't wait to hear the press release now.

I'm going to take my talents to Insert City Here.

Didn't just only the actual Wed tickets just sold out. I would imagine if you got the 4 day pass when they open it up will include preview. And of course worse case you could get an exhibtor badge or pro?

Mike
They do a handful of 4-day with preview night, which is now supposedly sold out.

4-day by itself is next to sell, followed by the individual days by itself.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #29
albeeman
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef Jelos View Post
NO KIDDING!

I mean cmon.. you have the comic-book-nerd-moms-basement typical stereotype.. BUT it doesnt have to be true!
Old 08-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #30
jasong888
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef Jelos View Post
i think the hasbro booth was giving away deodorant at one point...doubt anyone actually used them, but good efford though
jasong888 is offline   Reply With Quote