Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

That's more good news.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:36 AM   #402
Vracula
Jedi Order

holy hell lol, talk about an about turn, well to be honest i applaud them on these decisions for listening to the customer, let the console wars continue so we rake the benefits.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:02 AM   #403
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
OMG this has to be the biggest back tracking ever from MS. They must have such poor pre sales, it wont even be enough to pay the water bill at the MS office to be going back to a good old fashioned console.

For me tho still shady, feel like you buy it and then bam they put all that stuff back into the console.
Exactly, what's to stop MS from throwing the switch and turning on all the DRM and Kinect stuff after millions of people have invested in their console.. sorry but I don't trust MS at all.

If MS was truly looking out for their customers they would of never built the DRM crap into their console to begin with.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #404
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
holy hell lol, talk about an about turn, well to be honest i applaud them on these decisions for listening to the customer, let the console wars continue so we rake the benefits.
Keep in mind - the only reason they are listening to the customer this time is because it was affecting their bottom line!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #405
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

If MS was truly looking out for their customers they would of never built the DRM crap into their console to begin with.
that's not entirely true, they tried something new and it didn't work so they changed their minds, how people can still complain about this just proves that you'll never be able to please some people
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #406
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
that's not entirely true, they tried something new and it didn't work so they changed their minds, how people can still complain about this just proves that you'll never be able to please some people
I get why some people still complain. The something new they were trying wasn't to benefit us in any way. It was just an attempt to get more control over their product and how people use it. It shows an intent that rubs people the wrong way and that will leave a bad taste in people's mouths. I personally care about the final product. If it's crap, I wont support it, but if it's a good product, I will.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #407
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
I get why some people still complain. The something new they were trying wasn't to benefit us in any way.
I thought so at first, but the more I thought about it now I disagree, Microsoft just did everything in the worst possible way, but in the end I think their changes would've benefited gamers and the industry vastly. had they been more upfront and actually discussed what they were hoping to accomplish instead of the usual corporate cloak & dagger behind closed doors crap I think others would've embraced it. but instead they let the internet rumors rule the day and never even tried to address them during either of their "conferences"
Old 08-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #408
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
I thought so at first, but the more I thought about it now I disagree, Microsoft just did everything in the worst possible way, but in the end I think their changes would've benefited gamers and the industry vastly. had they been more upfront and actually discussed what they were hoping to accomplish instead of the usual corporate cloak & dagger behind closed doors crap I think others would've embraced it. but instead they let the internet rumors rule the day and never even tried to address them during either of their "conferences"
I disagree, but I guess that goes without saying. As for peoples acceptance had it been handled better, I have to disagree with that as well. Of course, had Sony decided to follow MS' lead, this would be a reality now. Both consoles would be ruined. Luckily for me, most people seem to agree with my thinking on this subject. There are a lot people who feel the same way you do though.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #409
MrYac
Hercules

all i'm saying is if they came right out and laid out the facts from the get go and said "this is what we're doing, all digitial will mean cheaper games for you, more money for developers, you can still trade in your used games to authorized retailers (IE gamestop, best buy etc) you can still rent games from authorized retailers (IE gamefly etc), family sharing will allow people to share their entire digital libraries with 10 of their closest friends anywhere in the world" you bet your ass people would've accepted it better, but instead they said nothing, they let the internet fester with stupid rumors and misinformation and by the time they did react (and a piss poor job they did there anyway) it was far too late.

i'll freely admit I was not on board at all when I first heard what the system was supposedly doing, but now i'm far less excited over another 10+ years of the exact same consoles we already have but with slightly more power, this generation has not been allowed to advance because of a combination of Microsoft's horrible public relations and Sony doing a ----- move and building their entire conference around "well gee wiz Microsoft sure is mean, but we're not gonna do none of that (hold for applause)"
Old 08-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #410
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

After the blackslash from the gamers, the shareholders swift kicked MS and Don Matticks in balls. Don is no longer with the company and MS is pulling a 180 on this machine.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote