Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 08-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #411
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
all i'm saying is if they came right out and laid out the facts from the get go and said "this is what we're doing, all digitial will mean cheaper games for you, more money for developers, you can still trade in your used games to authorized retailers (IE gamestop, best buy etc) you can still rent games from authorized retailers (IE gamefly etc), family sharing will allow people to share their entire digital libraries with 10 of their closest friends anywhere in the world" you bet your ass people would've accepted it better, but instead they said nothing, they let the internet fester with stupid rumors and misinformation and by the time they did react (and a piss poor job they did there anyway) it was far too late.

i'll freely admit I was not on board at all when I first heard what the system was supposedly doing, but now i'm far less excited over another 10+ years of the exact same consoles we already have but with slightly more power, this generation has not been allowed to advance because of a combination of Microsoft's horrible public relations and Sony doing a ----- move and building their entire conference around "well gee wiz Microsoft sure is mean, but we're not gonna do none of that (hold for applause)"
I would bet against that all day. They could have been as up front about it as much as they wanted, I would NOT have jumped on board, and I know a lot of people who would feel the same way. One more thing, why are you under the impression that an all digital medium somehow means that MS would pass on the savings to it's consumer base? Sounds extremely naive if you ask me.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #412
MrYac
Hercules

because they themselves kept using the steam comparison, and I think given time it would have paid off for the consumers
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #413
Luminous
Cyclops

Ah yes, the infamous comparison to Steam. They do love to promote that one don't they.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #414
MrYac
Hercules

and sure I am probably naive, but I think given time it would've been a huge savings to us. I just can't for the life of me understand why people got so pissed about the used game issue really, sure every now and then I don't mind picking up an older used game for a couple bucks, but the way gamestop rips people off and they just bend over and gladly take it boggles my mind
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #415
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
and sure I am probably naive, but I think given time it would've been a huge savings to us. I just can't for the life of me understand why people got so pissed about the used game issue really, sure every now and then I don't mind picking up an older used game for a couple bucks, but the way gamestop rips people off and they just bend over and gladly take it boggles my mind
cant just claim gamestop is the only source to sell and buy used games, i can get games cheaper on ebay or craigslist and sell for more on those then what gamestop buys them for. so gamestop, bestbuy and other stores are a moot point for used games.

but for me used games are great and i love them, i can wait a few months or even a year or more to get a game i want to play but dont have that drive to get it day of release. so not being able to get used games kills a system for me which is why a lot didnt like xbx 180 at first.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:26 PM   #416
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Like Vince said, there are plenty of other sources besides Gamestop to purchase used games. Other sources that provide significant better value.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #417
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
that's not entirely true, they tried something new and it didn't work so they changed their minds, how people can still complain about this just proves that you'll never be able to please some people
They tried something to increase their bottom line at an extreme inconvenience to their customers, basically they were trying to screw their customers over and it blew up in their faces. Goes to show you how shady MS really is.

They don't want you to share your games, they don't want you to buy used games, they don't want you to trade in your used games. They want you to spend $60 every time period. That was the goal behind the DRM MS was trying to put into their console.

This did not benefit the customer in anyway. And trust me MS will make another shot at doing this down the road. The only reason if failed now was because Sony wouldn't jump on board with MS in screwing over it's customers which then forced MS to back pedal really fast or lose a HUGE share of the console market to Sony.

Don't get me wrong, if Sony thought they could get away with it also they probably would of tried but I think they saw the bigger picture and realized this was a great time to make MS look like the villain.

Luckily for MS the consoles wont be out for another several months and gamers have short memories so in the long run this blunder won't hurt MS very much IMO. But it does shows MS true colors and the direction they want to go in.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #418
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Keep in mind - the only reason they are listening to the customer this time is because it was affecting their bottom line!
yes of course, and consumers should talk with their wallet's coz that's the only language corporates speak, But to see long time MS consumers stand up to them was well inspiring.

Sideshow I believe is begging for such a revolution.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #419
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #420
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Im not looking foward to $499 system machine! I think were going to keep our 360s for awhile especially since there will be another 100 games coming out before they stop... Its just too much for my wallet! Yes the graphics did look good, but im going to wait until after 2013 before i decide let the bugs and kinks get taking care of first!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote