Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-05-2015, 08:20 PM   #1
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Titan Eren - SENTINEL

Hey guys

Recently there's been a few statues/figures that have popped up from places like Japan from companies that I know very little about and am struggling to keep track off.

I imagine that some of you will also be into some of these statues so I started a few threads so that we can work together (as usual) to spot any new news and look out for PO dates, prices, ES, and all the other wonderful things we talk about

I saw this in the flesh at NYCC and really liked it. It's the Titan form of Eren.

Sentinel sent me a note to say all their news is on their Facebook page so I should check regularly.

Anyone know anything about this statue?

News and links:

http://www.tomopop.com/wonder-festiv...ve-36367.phtml

https://www.facebook.com/SentinelInternational/timeline

http://www.sentinel-toys.com/catalog/index.php

BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 04:44 PM   #2
BornFreeSF

Seriously, anyone here follow Sentinal Statues?

Anyone know anything about how their orders work and best place to get news?
Old 04-14-2015, 10:30 PM   #3
dao2
Cyclops

Sentinal is just another jappo figure company, you can order any of their stuff from the normal jappo sites (my preference is amiami). BBTS might carry it too. I have some of their riobot line and it's pretty ace but jappo figures are much smaller so be prepared for that. Also as with most jappo figures that aren't prize figures you can expect to get what you see in the preorder pictures and they generally have no QC problems.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:02 AM   #4
BornFreeSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Sentinal is just another jappo figure company, you can order any of their stuff from the normal jappo sites (my preference is amiami). BBTS might carry it too. I have some of their riobot line and it's pretty ace but jappo figures are much smaller so be prepared for that. Also as with most jappo figures that aren't prize figures you can expect to get what you see in the preorder pictures and they generally have no QC problems.
Thanks. I know it's not huge by any means. I saw it in the flesh at NYCC. Just thought it was cool.

It makes me nervous not getting more regular info on this stuff.

The GSC Guts statue was a joke. There was a proto...no news...no news...no news...BANG it's up for pre-order!
Old 04-15-2015, 12:12 AM   #5
HairyAsHell
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

After owning GS titan, everything else looks tame in comparison. Takeyuki Takeya's sculpt is godlike.
HairyAsHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:32 AM   #6
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
Thanks. I know it's not huge by any means. I saw it in the flesh at NYCC. Just thought it was cool.

It makes me nervous not getting more regular info on this stuff.

The GSC Guts statue was a joke. There was a proto...no news...no news...no news...BANG it's up for pre-order!
Expect that pretty much. I don't see why you think that's a joke :P Is SS really any different? Larger jappo companies will go to the big cons, they'll show unpainted, then painted, and if all goes well put it up for PO.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:05 AM   #7
BornFreeSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Expect that pretty much. I don't see why you think that's a joke :P Is SS really any different? Larger jappo companies will go to the big cons, they'll show unpainted, then painted, and if all goes well put it up for PO.
Because I contacted them through social media a number of times regarding the rough timing of PO.

They didn't have a clue...

A little warning would be great.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:18 AM   #8
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
Because I contacted them through social media a number of times regarding the rough timing of PO.

They didn't have a clue...

A little warning would be great.
Sometimes the rep has info but most of the time they don't ;p Same with SS, ask SS Alex most of the time on dates it's "not sure". If you hang around jappo figure sites you'll get more info but not something like freaks or SF.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:34 PM   #9
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I own two (EX Levi, Reg Eren) of the three currently released Sentinel AoT/SnK figures and had the third on order prior to cancelling. If you're dead set on preordering, keep your eye on amiami. They're the only vendor whose discount is enough to warrant it, imho.

As for when it will go up, your guess is as good as anyone else's. This is the product page for him on the mfc database: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/235530

I'd recommend checking that out regularly. Discussion over there isn't anything spectacular, but users almost always post when and where a product has gone up for order as well as the best deals to be had.

If, for whatever reason, you miss out, my advice to you is, don't sweat it. I remember back when Levi first came out, there was a false sense of urgency. Preorders sold out everywhere, and it was nearly impossible to find a place to get your order in. I actually ended up paying retail for him through Amazon.. Eventually the Japan release came around, and while he was still selling for retail (if not marginally lower), he was readily available. Then the American release came around a month or two later, and the market was absolutely flooded. His price plummeted, and to this day you can still pick the exclusive up for a third to a fifth of the price if you look around enough. Well, I learned and managed to grab Eren, who also happens to be available for a third of his retail value, for $60 shipped.

Obviously this can all change with any given release, but experience tells me that I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you.

Hope that offers a little peace-of-mind.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote