Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-21-2018, 09:45 PM   #131
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Looks like band-aids on the nips. Nip shooters? Pew pew!

I'm just having fun. Has potential...
Lol, must say you glean a potential perverse nature in nearly everything lol.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 01:21 AM   #132
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Too early? This is StatueForum my good man.
... fair point.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 05:47 PM   #133
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Agreed. I hated the XM Cable portrait and costume. It's why I passed on it. That's what has got me excited about this PF. I'm hoping for a version of his modern costume with a portrait I like. My favorite Cable statue so far is the modern Cable by Bowen. It's the variant of the retro Cable on the Sentinel head by the K bros. I loved the pose, modern costume, and the head sculpt on the piece. Hope I feel the same way when I see finished pics of this PF.
Same here! Hoping this will be a Cable statue I really like. Cause I'm ready to buy one if so.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 05:49 PM   #134
Mister H
Gen 13

Even though he’s in the X universe, hopefully he’ll look good next to my IS Punisher and PCS Dredd.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:05 PM   #135
Frayhor
Sinister Six

I often see in the Juggernaut maquette thread people asking for pictures, size, price and preorder date etc, and I fully understand that because I'm in the same boat with Cable, my all-time favorite male character in comics . But after the initial excitement, I'm starting to be clearly disappointed and confused.

The two statues were announced just a few days of each other and Juggernaut gets a full 3D reveal + the actual real painted maquette in a teaser picture at the conclusion of the 12 days event, and his coming soon page announce that he will be the next X-men collectible to be released... although don't misunderstood me here, I have nothing against the Juggernaut statue or his fans, I'm truly happy for you guys . But for Cable's fans like me, Sideshow just gave us a bad drawing teaser "made by" Deadpool, a beautiful art print which we have no proof will be accurate with the final design and finally 3 seperated unpainted sculpted parts of the actual statue without the head included that don't even show us enough to simply be able to imagine what could this PF looking like...

The Domino PF was a totally unexpected announcement for me and it has literally blown my mind , but come on Sideshow!!! You showed us unannounced products fully finished and even already on preorder (Batgirl)... Cable was teased in May, meaning 8 months ago, and you gave us almost nothing.

I guess this is just my eagerness for this piece that led to this personal cry of sadness and deception ... But I 'm fully aware there are far worst situations than mine in the world of collectibles, like the poor Flash fans or worse of all the Mara Jade ones and I genuinely feel sorry for you guys
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:17 PM   #136
SONICobra
Batman

bah, thought there was an update - got my hopes up bro...
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:26 PM   #137
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I think your frustrations are probably just a good example of what it is to pay a lot of attention in this hobby.....it can easily become frustrating because at some point you just feel like you're waiting more than you're having. And there's a tease here, a tease there, a prototype you have to look at for a year and then you see production pictures that vary in one way or another, and it goes on.

I enjoy my statues a lot when I get them but literally waiting years for them takes its toll. I know at some point I will just stop coming to the boards and only get my information directly from the Sideshow/P1 sites. I know the wait will still be there because of how they reveal things, but being consumed with every bit of speculation/tidbit/etc daily certainly doesn't help.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:33 PM   #138
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Really
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:36 PM   #139
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
bah, thought there was an update - got my hopes up bro...
and that's the all problem indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I think your frustrations are probably just a good example of what it is to pay a lot of attention in this hobby.....it can easily become frustrating because at some point you just feel like you're waiting more than you're having. And there's a tease here, a tease there, a prototype you have to look at for a year and then you see production pictures that vary in one way or another, and it goes on.

I enjoy my statues a lot when I get them but literally waiting years for them takes its toll. I know at some point I will just stop coming to the boards and only get my information directly from the Sideshow/P1 sites. I know the wait will still be there because of how they reveal things, but being consumed with every bit of speculation/tidbit/etc daily certainly doesn't help.
I also agree and the worst part of this is : the more you love the character the more it consumes you.
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:38 PM   #140
adee
Green Arrow

Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters has been taking a real beating in statue form.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote