Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-17-2017, 06:15 PM   #3231
Pilky
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
Yup, SS can always produce more if they feel there is enough demand again for another batch.
I asked SS in the ask SS thread if they will make any more of this statue, months ago. Her response was there were no plans at that time, but she didn't say, "never".
Pilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:42 AM   #3232
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
I asked SS in the ask SS thread if they will make any more of this statue, months ago. Her response was there were no plans at that time, but she didn't say, "never".
they wouldnt take risk of doing this over again. They know its considered one if not their best predator piece they would keep it in that status range. making a bigger edtion size would just kill the status. i wish they would do it though.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:38 AM   #3233
Python
Omega Red

This is one of the only statues I genuinely regret not buying. In a time when the bubble is stretching beyond belief for me personally. I'd be happy to see Sideshow put this up for another small run so I could go out (mostly, I'd still get the odd statue) gracefully and with a bang rather than try to stay in the hobby fully and keep up with ever increasing costs and shipping/tax rates etc.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:06 AM   #3234
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

This is the peice that killed it with Sideshow for me. I waited so long and then for them to pull the net stunt after release was the final straw. It may be a small item to some but it ruined it for me.

After seeing the repaint (page before) I would consider buying one if re-released but its never going to happen.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:25 PM   #3235
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
they wouldnt take risk of doing this over again. They know its considered one if not their best predator piece they would keep it in that status range. making a bigger edtion size would just kill the status. i wish they would do it though.
I really hope you're right. Even if I didn't own this piece I really wouldn't want them to start making more. With edition sizes lately alot of this stuff from Sideshow doesn't feel very collectible anymore. Personally going to be SUPER pissed off if I see this back up for preorder.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:36 PM   #3236
Python
Omega Red

To be fair, if you buy an open ES item, you can't be overly annoyed if you see it back up for sale down the line. The open ES nature is the reason I didn't buy this in the first place. It's alleged low ES could have easily gone the other way.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:37 PM   #3237
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
I really hope you're right. Even if I didn't own this piece I really wouldn't want them to start making more. With edition sizes lately alot of this stuff from Sideshow doesn't feel very collectible anymore. Personally going to be SUPER pissed off if I see this back up for preorder.
the legendary scale was never supposed to feel collectible, hence open es :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:58 PM   #3238
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

It's funny I was packing my wolf up just yesterday (no I'm not selling Matt! ) and was thinking as I went over the pieces as I put them away how much work must have gone into the production and that they'd never produce this again. I honestly don't think they could find a factory capable, then factor in the amount of these that arrived broken and I seriously doubt they'd even bother for the relatively small amount they'd sell. But even if they did produce more there's no way it'd still be $2k, with how things are now you'd probably be closer to $3k
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 03:03 PM   #3239
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
It's funny I was packing my wolf up just yesterday (no I'm not selling Matt! )

I was dialing the phone until I read the disclaimer! ADI certainly did a great job on this sculpt for sure.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:08 PM   #3240
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I was dialing the phone until I read the disclaimer! ADI certainly did a great job on this sculpt for sure.

yeah even now it's still one of my favourites
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote