Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-14-2016, 08:41 AM   #71
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafadcariad View Post
EDIT: I just went back and looked at the SS piece again. I now can't stop laughing because with the splash of water at his feet, the arm in motion and his pants being held up by a belt I now see the SS Croc statue as the homeless wino interpretation. Hell, It really does look like he just threw a bottle of peppermint Shnapps at his feet in frustration after seeing how much better the Prime 1 Croc looks in comparison
The SS version is 100% true to the comic. And him looking homeless makes sense because he is homeless lol. He's an outcast who stalks the sewers. It actually makes less sense that he's wearing prison garb. Like who made this giant monster put on the Arkham pajamas?
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 09:48 AM   #72
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I'm sure I'll get roasted for saying this, but I think the PF is a much better piece.
Blasphemer! Seize him!
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 08:47 PM   #73
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This is unbelievable!!! While I love the croc head on Sideshow's piece, this one just destroys it!!! There's really no comparison!
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 03:19 PM   #74
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

This is the best Killer Croc piece ever imo. Such a great pose for the character. Menacing just as it should be. I really want to pick this piece up. Just gotta get my collecting funds in order before I place my order.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:31 PM   #75
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
This is the best Killer Croc piece ever imo. Such a great pose for the character. Menacing just as it should be. I really want to pick this piece up. Just gotta get my collecting funds in order before I place my order.
For that kind of statues yes absolutly!

But what if don't like the video game / semi-realisitic art direction ? what if you seek comic related statues ?

so i was away from Prime1.

Except the Miller batman
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:33 AM   #76
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post

But what if don't like the video game / semi-realisitic art direction ? what if you seek comic related statues ?

Except the Miller batman
We'll, then there's the SSC PF for collectors like you. I personally love the Arkham designs for a lot of these characters (I usually like classic looks as well). The Prime AO Deathstroke still blows my mind with how great it looks. When it comes to Killer Croc, collectors have options of either the classic or Arkham look. That's as good as it gets.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:23 AM   #77
ChromeColossus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Blasphemer! Seize him!
you forgot Infidel
ChromeColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:39 AM   #78
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
The SS version is 100% true to the comic. And him looking homeless makes sense because he is homeless lol. He's an outcast who stalks the sewers. It actually makes less sense that he's wearing prison garb. Like who made this giant monster put on the Arkham pajamas?
My point is more that the Sideshow pf, to me personally, took quite a bit of the menacing nature out of Croc and focused more on giving him a look that reads as injured and destitute. I'm fully aware of his back-story but that doesnt negate that to me the SS pf just comes off as a far-less intimidating figure with much less of a presence, regardless of statue sizes. And major props to prime 1 to create that effect while still putting him in "pajamas".

Still, like others have said, it's a bloody good time to be a fan of the character regardless of preference.
dafadcariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:01 AM   #79
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post

Except the Miller batman
The reason I prefer the P1 version is because it more resembles his initial looks from the comics. I've never been a huge fan of the more modern take. Not that it matters.... I have no room for it.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:23 AM   #80
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I can't believe the EX is still available on this piece! I guess it comes down to price more than anything. But he's just fantastic with a great EX and low ES to boot!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote