Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-10-2018, 11:09 AM   #181
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototypy View Post
There is misunderstanding I explained before .
No, I remember.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:14 AM   #182
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Up until a minute ago, when he said all he did was sculpt the Soldier aliens, you were blaming him for the statue...now it's Accurate because it's Legacy?

Sounds like there is some bias there...
If its bad it is because of matt if its good its because of Legacy. Simple.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:20 AM   #183
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
If its bad it is because of matt if its good its because of Legacy. Simple.
I'll let him know it's a no-win situation
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:57 AM   #184
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
That logic is flawed, would you like to know how much less you could rent an apartment for in city I live in 7 to 8 years ago verses today? Over time costs go up for almost everything, movie tickets, homes, cars, cell phones, etc..

There are other factors at play too. For years folks railed against/criticized/ lamented the terrible working conditions and wages of the Chinese factory system (where these pieces have been made) over the past few years license holders, like Fox in this case, have demanded that factories in China that produce their product be held to higher health, wage, and working conditions. As such, it means that it is not as cheap to produce in China as it was a decade ago, and of course that increased cost will be passed along to the customer.

Also, as these licenses, Aliens in the case, become more and more popular the license holders are charging companies more money to secure and renew a license, that cost will of course also be passed on to the customer.

Now if you could link to a company producing a LICENSED Alien Queen in the same scale/same material for $400 today you'd have a stronger argument that Sideshow it dramatically "overcharging"
Rent which is based on the housing market only is totally different than a manufactured item like a statue, false equivalency.

The rest of what you say is mere conjecture. Manufacturing for nearly all products have not gone up 3 - 4 fold over the last 7 - 8 years. I think you need to go look closer. I buy almost everything and anything and have for 2 decades. I literally know the majority of commodities out there and next to none have gone up or down that much unless they are inherently unstable like the housing market, or oil. Sorry but WRONG.
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:45 PM   #185
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuemonger View Post
Rent which is based on the housing market only is totally different than a manufactured item like a statue, false equivalency.

The rest of what you say is mere conjecture. Manufacturing for nearly all products have not gone up 3 - 4 fold over the last 7 - 8 years. I think you need to go look closer. I buy almost everything and anything and have for 2 decades. I literally know the majority of commodities out there and next to none have gone up or down that much unless they are inherently unstable like the housing market, or oil. Sorry but WRONG.
"Rent which is based on the housing market only is totally different than a manufactured item like a statue, false equivalency." HAHA right because a "manufactured" item isn't part of a market? Increased demand for housing=increased home prices (not false) equivalency: increased demand for "manufactured statues"= increased prices.

Best part about your post: uses the word conjecture and then states: "I buy almost everything and anything and have for 2 decades. I literally know the majority of commodities out there and next to none have gone up or down that much"

Well, I know all the BEST commodities out there, believe me. I buy SO MUCH, people can't believe how much I buy, and prices have gone up tremendously, that I can tell you. THOSE ARE THE FACTS!
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:52 PM   #186
prototypy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I'll let him know it's a no-win situation
Have seen much enough the guys like you in my nation,you won't influent me.
I feel happy with this forum cuz the artists can find people's feeling about their sculpture,whatever positive or negative.As a statue collector,I know what I am saying,I am responsible for every words I inserted in this forum.
And I will insist on my mind.
prototypy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:54 PM   #187
hideousboi
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
I feel happy with this forum cuz the artists can find people's feeling about their sculpture,whatever positive or negative.As a statue collector,I know what I am saying,I am responsible for every words I inserted in this forum.
some one has a secret crush on me....
I agree, that matt guy is terrible. he is always borrowing my clothes, and kissing my wife..
he must be stopped!!!
hideousboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:07 PM   #188
prototypy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideousboi View Post
some one has a secret crush on me....
I agree, that matt guy is terrible. he is always borrowing my clothes, and kissing my wife..
he must be stopped!!!
I saw your artist profile,you looks pretty cool.But you have seen my point,nothing personal,it is my opinion as a statue player.
prototypy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:26 PM   #189
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
All in good fun, i enjoy your posts because you always give your blatantly honest opinion.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:38 PM   #190
hideousboi
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
I saw your artist profile,you looks pretty cool.But you have seen my point,nothing personal,it is my opinion as a statue player.
of course man. to each their own. im fortunate to have such a fun, and enjoyable job.
hideousboi is offline   Reply With Quote