Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 07-17-2017, 05:13 PM   #241
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
After much internal debate I placed my order. Wanted to see what P1 had in store for SDCC but I'm not confident I'll see what I'm interested in before this sells out.

Count me as another of those that loved the original but never would've paid that much and I too prefer the black suit over the grey/blue, so I'm pretty excited for this one. This is one amazing looking statue.
I am really close to pulling the trigger on this one as well. I too kinda prefer the black suit as it is unique in a sea of grey suited Batman statues. Also it reminds me of the odd pieces of 90's art in which we saw the black suit Batman with the yellow logo post Burton's film.

Regardless of what we see from P1 at SDCC I figure we are at least 12 months out from it being in hand.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:33 PM   #242
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I am really close to pulling the trigger on this one as well. I too kinda prefer the black suit as it is unique in a sea of grey suited Batman statues. Also it reminds me of the odd pieces of 90's art in which we saw the black suit Batman with the yellow logo post Burton's film.

Regardless of what we see from P1 at SDCC I figure we are at least 12 months out from it being in hand.
Exactly how I rationalized my purchase. I think this stands on its own as a unique Batman piece. I don't see me buying anything else with the black suit either.

When all is said and done I could see myself with three 1:3 scale Batmans in my collection. This, TDKR and probably the Jim Lee piece and I'll be done. Each will be a different look and cover my favorite interpretations of the character.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:43 PM   #243
Vracula
Jedi Order

Tempted to get this, but preferably from a local supplier.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:46 PM   #244
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
^Not one complaint of that toy like - COMIC based statue, its an awe inspiring piece. Black Edition follows the same suit (no pun intended). NECA, that's toy-like and this is miles from NECA.

Congrats Viper, good call.

Funny, someone on the Freaks board made a good observation, why didn't IS just paint the OG blue, black, leaving the grey as is....?
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
After much internal debate I placed my order. Wanted to see what P1 had in store for SDCC but I'm not confident I'll see what I'm interested in before this sells out.

Count me as another of those that loved the original but never would've paid that much and I too prefer the black suit over the grey/blue, so I'm pretty excited for this one. This is one amazing looking statue.
Congrats! I think you made the right call. Prime 1's edition sizes are considerably larger when compared to Iron Studios leading to their pieces being easier to obtain down the road. This is especially true for their Batman pieces. I would be surprised if this piece has an ES higher then 500. Add that to the original version ES of 300 for both reg and EX and that would only be 800 total world wide between the two versions.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:41 PM   #245
Skullsworth
Frackin!
Adamantium Plus Member

Does anyone know if the hand holding the Gigantor Batarang can be swapped out? I know the original version had another option, but I have yet to find a picture of the variant without it.

Based on the number of swappable hands listed, I'm assuming it's possible. I'm hoping for some confirmation because I can't pay $1000 and look at a batarang the size of an extra-large pizza.
Skullsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:56 PM   #246
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullsworth View Post
Does anyone know if the hand holding the Gigantor Batarang can be swapped out? I know the original version had another option, but I have yet to find a picture of the variant without it.

Based on the number of swappable hands listed, I'm assuming it's possible. I'm hoping for some confirmation because I can't pay $1000 and look at a batarang the size of an extra-large pizza.
It will come with an extra hand, yes.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:06 PM   #247
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Its a left hand though. Atm youre stuck with the batarang.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:17 PM   #248
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Also includes:
- two heads and two interchangeable mouths, making four face options
- bust to accommodate unused head
- five choices of interchangeable hands with accessories
- The Joker gargoyle
- LED Light-up Bat-Signal base
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:18 PM   #249
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Five options for hands....I pre ordered today...to good a deal to pass...I already own the batman modern from sideshow,so really liking this...
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:25 PM   #250
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Its 3 hands. FB has 5 listed bcuz it cut n pasted the OG Product description.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170718-162600.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	106127  
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote