Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 04-30-2008, 06:17 PM   #101
blue_rogue
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
I don't care for the new car controls. They're fine for cruising around the city, but any pursuit mission is incredibly hampered by them. I find it almost impossible to keep an eye on my surroundings, check the radar to see where my target has gone and somehow make the turns while keeping any kind of speed up.
Yeah, the pursuit missions are tough! The one I'm on now you have to chase 3 different vans down and find the right one. PITA!
blue_rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:06 PM   #102
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

I also prefer playing in the daytime, cant see sh!t at night
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:12 PM   #103
snappahead
Producer
Producer

I think this may be in my top three all time games. I'm just loving it.

Cool things...

I was trying to get away from the cops and was going about 80 mhp when I hit a cop car head on. This sent me launching through the windshield like a rocket into another car coming head on. My body slammed into the grill. Needless to say....I didn't make it LOL.

I was trapped in an observation tower at a level 4 wanted and the cops started coming up the ladder in a nice row one at a time. I started picking them off, but after a minute or so I saw something I've never seen in a game before. One of the guys (after being gunned down a minute earlier)actually struggled to his feet and began stumbling around and calling for help. I shot up the first one and watched another cop trying to get to his feet next to a guard rail. I domed him and he went limp and flopped back down against the rail. Really cool stuff.

A cop came to my rescue when I was getting my a$$ handed to me in a fist fight against two guys.

After running a dude over, I watched the ambulance come tearing out across the park and slam into a tree sending the driver flying through the windshield. He didn't make it.

Awesome game!
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #104
Marvel
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

One thing I found funny was during a chase mission my car got so banged up that it eventually stalled. Niko stayed in the car turning the ignition key while saying "Come on baby start." but the car never started.
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #105
Lizard King
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
I hear you. It can be TOUGH. And a good chunk of the missions involve chasing another car. I like the new physics, but I think a bit more leniency could've been given on the car handling.

Nice story BTW. I haven't had anything very amazing happen yet, but soon I'm gonna scrap the whole "playing fair" thing and dial in some cheats. Then the real carnage will begin.

Another small nitpick..there's some dark (and I mean pitch black) areas in this game. I've gotten really screwed more than once because I just couldn't see a thing. I've adjusted the brightness and contrast, but the games just suppose to be this way in some places at certain times. Whenever possible, I'm gonna wait until daylight to do most of my missions.
The game really is dark at times. I'm playing it on a large screen TV, and the light from outside, screen size and brightness make this game almost impossible to play during the day. Adjusting the contrast and brightness did help though.
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:32 AM   #106
IronFist
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_rogue View Post
Yeah, the pursuit missions are tough! The one I'm on now you have to chase 3 different vans down and find the right one. PITA!
I did that one last night.

Speaking of, I got in a couple more hours of play last night and something must've clicked for me, because driving all of a sudden got much, much easier. I'm sure when I'm doing a 1-on-1 pursuit, it'll be a different story because speed is of the essence, but I found the key to good driving (at least for me) is to not mash down the accelerator all the way. Keep it at about 3/4 until you need get up to speed, and then go for it. If there's a turn coming up, back off on it and use the brakes or tap the handbrake and accelerate out of the skid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
I also prefer playing in the daytime, cant see sh!t at night
Adjusting the brightness/contrast is key. Even the daylight hours of gameplay looked murky. I punched up the contrast and things look much better now.

Moment of the night for me: I was in the biker part of town (populated by large, torn-denim-wearing, tattooed Neanderthals) and was just standing there looking around. A very large biker was waddling up the street when he stops and locks eyes with an equally obese cop. The cop points at him and shouts, "Don't move or I'll shoot your t!ts off!" The biker turns around and starts running and the cop follows him shouting stuff like, "Don't run! I'll get all sweaty!"
IronFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #107
Mangus
Sculptor
Sculptor

I had a shootout/on foot chase lat night that would make Tarentino proud, you wouldn't believe me even if I explained. But after that moment I was pumped as hell and wish I had been recording
Old 05-01-2008, 09:37 AM   #108
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
One thing I found funny was during a chase mission my car got so banged up that it eventually stalled. Niko stayed in the car turning the ignition key while saying "Come on baby start." but the car never started.
Yeah love that
Old 05-01-2008, 09:40 AM   #109
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
I did that one last night.

Speaking of, I got in a couple more hours of play last night and something must've clicked for me, because driving all of a sudden got much, much easier. I'm sure when I'm doing a 1-on-1 pursuit, it'll be a different story because speed is of the essence, but I found the key to good driving (at least for me) is to not mash down the accelerator all the way. Keep it at about 3/4 until you need get up to speed, and then go for it. If there's a turn coming up, back off on it and use the brakes or tap the handbrake and accelerate out of the skid.
Yeah unlike previous gta games using the handbrake to it's full extend is a no no this time around.

Quote:
Adjusting the brightness/contrast is key. Even the daylight hours of gameplay looked murky. I punched up the contrast and things look much better now.

Moment of the night for me: I was in the biker part of town (populated by large, torn-denim-wearing, tattooed Neanderthals) and was just standing there looking around. A very large biker was waddling up the street when he stops and locks eyes with an equally obese cop. The cop points at him and shouts, "Don't move or I'll shoot your t!ts off!" The biker turns around and starts running and the cop follows him shouting stuff like, "Don't run! I'll get all sweaty!"
That's hilarious

I'll try adjusting the brightness/contrast
Old 05-01-2008, 10:56 AM   #110
snappahead
Producer
Producer

I've gotten alot better at drving too, but only cars. I can't drive a motorcycle to save my life...and right now I need to in a mission.

I've logged a lot of hours into this game already and it shows me something new and amazing every time.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote