Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 07-03-2014, 12:06 PM   #61
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIKT View Post
Very nice lifts man. Even nicer to see you doing those without a weightlifting suit. Congrats on the gym as well.
Thanks and ya I don't like lifting gear. Even knee wraps I am not fussy about. Good knee wraps can add a lot to a squat. I just put some neoprene sleeves to keep them warm. I like Raw lifting.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #62
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Thanks and ya I don't like lifting gear. Even knee wraps I am not fussy about. Good knee wraps can add a lot to a squat. I just put some neoprene sleeves to keep them warm. I like Raw lifting.
Me too man.. 100%.. I hate what powerlifting has become.. I'd much rather see someone lift raw than with any added help.. have you ever looked up Eric Spoto? he's got the best powerlifting Bench I've seen
SNIKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #63
Babytoxie
Ghost

I'm definitely not lifting heavy weights like I used to, but I found an excellent way to shed some bodyweight: have twins.

The past 16 months have been a complete blur, and as my wife and I have absolutely no spare time, we don't eat as frequently, or as much, as we used to. So, without even thinking about it, I've lost almost 15 pounds over that time. Some of it was muscle, but I think most was fat, as I actually have a six-pack now... it was just hiding under all the second or third helpings. Most interesting is that what I'm eating doesn't appear to matter compared to how much I"m eating. Hopefully, in another couple of years, I can retain some of my newfound leanness but regain some muscle. Until then, you guys can have all the fun. Keep up the good work!
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:44 PM   #64
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
I'm definitely not lifting heavy weights like I used to, but I found an excellent way to shed some bodyweight: have twins.

The past 16 months have been a complete blur, and as my wife and I have absolutely no spare time, we don't eat as frequently, or as much, as we used to. So, without even thinking about it, I've lost almost 15 pounds over that time. Some of it was muscle, but I think most was fat, as I actually have a six-pack now... it was just hiding under all the second or third helpings. Most interesting is that what I'm eating doesn't appear to matter compared to how much I"m eating. Hopefully, in another couple of years, I can retain some of my newfound leanness but regain some muscle. Until then, you guys can have all the fun. Keep up the good work!
I hear you man.. I know when I have kids someday lifting is going to most likely going to have to be sacrificed but hopefully at some point you can find some time to get a few sets in here and there. Good luck
Old 07-03-2014, 04:06 PM   #65
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Me too man.. 100%.. I hate what powerlifting has become.. I'd much rather see someone lift raw than with any added help.. have you ever looked up Eric Spoto? he's got the best powerlifting Bench I've seen
Raw Powerlifting has had a major resurgeance. In fact it is probably more popular than geared now. Yes Spoto has the highest all time raw bench at 727lbs. Benny Magnusson the highest Deadlift with 1003 and Malanichev the highest squat (belt + knee wraps) with 1014. Insane lifting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post

Quote:
I hear you man.. I know when I have kids someday lifting is going to most likely going to have to be sacrificed but hopefully at some point you can find some time to get a few sets in here and there. Good luck
I have a 21 month old Daughter and I have a boy due in August. I've had to sacrifice many things but not my lifting. You need to keep something for your own well beign. I train late though... when my daughter sleeps.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:50 PM   #66
Sithlord32
New Republic

Off and on with the gymas i do not like a crowd. I have a simple curl bar with 170 lbs of weights I can put on it in my basement. I ride my bicycle do a lot of swimming and walk about 15 miles everyday at work. Mainly will go to the gym for the heavy bags the pool and the sauna but like to use the nautilus for traps triceps lats and abs. I cant gain weight without breaking my metabolism which I wont do so I stay at 6'3" at 175lbs. Nice tone throughout. Ideally Bruce Lees physique is perfect. Thats my aim.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:14 PM   #67
SNIKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlord32 View Post
Off and on with the gymas i do not like a crowd. I have a simple curl bar with 170 lbs of weights I can put on it in my basement. I ride my bicycle do a lot of swimming and walk about 15 miles everyday at work. Mainly will go to the gym for the heavy bags the pool and the sauna but like to use the nautilus for traps triceps lats and abs. I cant gain weight without breaking my metabolism which I wont do so I stay at 6'3" at 175lbs. Nice tone throughout. Ideally Bruce Lees physique is perfect. Thats my aim.
Nice man.. At that height and weight you gotta be getting close to that physique
Old 07-04-2014, 10:20 PM   #68
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Nice man.. At that height and weight you gotta be getting close to that physique
I have a ways to go but its more gaining mass in certain areas I already have the tone. If i could get some weight on my pecs, traps and lats id be satisfied. Been working on my upper back some lately. I had a hernia at one point and it gets sore there if im not careful so I dont do much with my legs as it flares up bad when i do.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #69
flankster117
Kindly Asked To Leave

weigh 210 bench 415, 19 in biceps

been lifting for 4 years, go to Olympia every year to watch and reap the free supplements
flankster117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:45 PM   #70
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote