Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-10-2019, 09:01 AM   #211
Mephisto44
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
This is business . They want people to buy the set not solo pieces . Moving forward I think they won’t offer this option anymore anyways . Way more hassle as a company .
I don’t see it. It looks like they are leaving a lot of money on the table by doing this. I would want to pump out a product that actually has demand. I keep seeing a lot of people saying they want this Death and then when it was revealed all the skeleton switch
outs weren’t an option most people said never mind. If I really wanted Death I would probably be okay without skeletal arms but would absolutely want the option for the skull face.

I could do without Death but the more I looked at Thanos the less I liked him. I find all the detailing distracting on the shoulder/chest plate and don’t like the gauntlet that much. Once I saw the portrait/helmet that comes with the single version it became an easy pass at that price point.
Mephisto44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:09 AM   #212
CWalker
The Avengers

Hope the Death cape survives shipping (see: Maul)
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:11 AM   #213
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

It’s MTO what money is being left on table ? They would never exceed 999. Honestly I don’t think they care . It’s an odd choice to leave out the switch outs but that’s why one is an exclusive .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:46 AM   #214
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Out of curiosity why should they include all the exclusive switch outs for people that don’t buy the set? Does sideshow give us extra head when we don’t buy their exclusives? No way if I owned that company I’d offer all the extras. I’m almost positive moving forward they will never do this again being able to buy separate pieces . It’s all or nothing . They don’t lose revenue it’s MTO no more than 999.
Sideshow gives you the option of having an exclusive and a reg within the same statue. They are not offering exclusives for bundling up different purchases in the same line.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:53 AM   #215
adee
Green Arrow

It does seem weird that all the options wouldn't be included in the separate purchases. While I'm sure a lot of people will order the set many won't due to the size and cost. Adding another reason for them to pass on the individual pieces doesn't sound like a good move.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:23 AM   #216
FeistyMidget
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I would have purchased Lady Death separately if the switch outs were included. Thanos looks great, but not what I'm personally looking for in my representation of Thanos - just too much detail for me and not a fan of the base.
FeistyMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:06 PM   #217
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

They did this with Cyclops with the whole extra torso thing . You need to make a choice I guess . For me if I’m buying this I’m getting both and if you don’t need certain parts or a figure sell it solo. I’m sure they would be easier and make collector happy .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:27 PM   #218
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I think XM did a great job with this piece. You can see some of Sideshow's influence to their Thanos design compared to their first release. I wish I could have purchased Death separately though.

I'm going to stick with my Thanos on Throne EX as I believe it's still the stronger piece of the two. Additionally, the throne is a magnificent display piece on its own.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:44 PM   #219
AC_808
Hercules

Yup ... I'm staying with my ToT EX as well.

This XM Thanos doesn't wow me enough for the money I'd spend to get this here to the US. Total cost would just be too much.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:51 PM   #220
AC_808
Hercules

I agree that limiting the options for separate purchases of Mistress Death and Thanos is a bad decision.

The people that want the set will buy the set regardless of the options. That's one group of collectors.

You get 2 more group of collectors buying from XM if all options are included with the separate purchases. One group that want Thanos only and the other group that want Mistress Death only.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote