Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-16-2023, 09:10 AM   #351
qz33
Doctor Doom

Yeah Sideshow has had those same teasers for those 3 sets for years.

No way to know what the final pieces will end up looking like. What they've shown so far look much better than what a 100 bucks per figure gets you at a factory now.

Bishoujo are no comparison because since being PVC they have a fair amount of paint automation using paint masks. These being resin will have to be individually painted just like any other Polystone statue.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 12:45 PM   #352
No1
The Avengers

good point, we could expect to some strange eyes here and there, if we could trust the big historic from Iron Studios 1/10 line, hand painted at this scale is a lottery

I want to know the schedule of all releases, PCS must show this, we need to know how this is going to work
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 01:05 PM   #353
qz33
Doctor Doom

Even if they told you, you won't know and neither will they. Go back to the beginning of this thread, these were to be released 5+ years ago.

Anyone depending on the outcome to invest should really wait and see. Yes that can be counterproductive if everyone does it but that is any statue endeavor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
good point, we could expect to some strange eyes here and there, if we could trust the big historic from Iron Studios 1/10 line, hand painted at this scale is a lottery

I want to know the schedule of all releases, PCS must show this, we need to know how this is going to work
Old 05-16-2023, 01:54 PM   #354
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I (would) trust PCS a heluva lot more than Prototypez. Ant has said they're doing all 32, and should be done in under 3 years, and that they will do the diorama base. So he's pretty committed at this point.

He's been pretty transparent about things since he took over, so if the line should falter, I expect he'd lay out how many they need to sell to continue, at least giving people the chance to put their money where their mouth is, before pulling the plug.

Saying this line has been 'started 3 times' isn't really a knock on PCS...just facts. The first time was while JM was still around, and then sh!t hit the fan. Then pandemic/recession.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 02:03 PM   #355
qz33
Doctor Doom

Haha haha PrototypeZ!

Ken is about to be delivered though!! Hahahaha.

Seriously though Ant always blames customers for lack of sales.
I fully believe all statue producers have good intentions and Ant intends to do what he says. The world economy may have its overwhelming vote.

Has giving a sales ultimatum ever worked though? He did the same thing for Hugo, said he needed 150 to say yes, got like 35 and still made Hugo with an ES of 75.

They're little enough for sure I think they have way better chances than any 1/4 line.
Old 05-16-2023, 02:09 PM   #356
No1
The Avengers

I made some maths here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	161824

Those measures are the minimum, for mine counts it's impossible to be less, but could be way more, especially in length.

A little less than 3 years to released all, 36 months for 32 fighters, in pairs, so about 1 pair each two months.
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 02:36 PM   #357
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Haha haha PrototypeZ!

Ken is about to be delivered though!! Hahahaha.

Seriously though Ant always blames customers for lack of sales.
I fully believe all statue producers have good intentions and Ant intends to do what he says. The world economy may have its overwhelming vote.

Has giving a sales ultimatum ever worked though? He did the same thing for Hugo, said he needed 150 to say yes, got like 35 and still made Hugo with an ES of 75.

They're little enough for sure I think they have way better chances than any 1/4 line.
You're right, of course. Just saying that people should have the information to determine the line's fate.

As for ultimatum? Dunno. I like that Ant is a fan, so isn't 100% of the time thinking in business terms. He will take a chance, or simply do a character he wants to see done. JM did the same, but he wasn't honest about how they were selling.
Old 05-16-2023, 02:38 PM   #358
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
I made some maths here:

Attachment 161824

Those measures are the minimum, for mine counts it's impossible to be less, but could be way more, especially in length.

A little less than 3 years to released all, 36 months for 32 fighters, in pairs, so about 1 pair each two months.
Cool. I appreciate visual mock-ups.
Old 05-18-2023, 04:31 PM   #359
kagero_no_mai
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Still not available on Sideshow for pre-order, mmm. I'm not gonna risk high international shipping from PCS direct.
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 05:01 PM   #360
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Easy pass. I just hope Honda is paired up with someone I like or I'll just pass on him too.

With the way this line is being done it just feels like people are being guilt tripped into buying figures they don't want in the hopes of it enabling the figures they do want. I'm not interested in being manipulated into blowing hundreds or even thousands of dollars just because I am unfortunate enough to like characters other than Ryu, Akuma, Cammy, and Chun Li
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote