Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-30-2021, 03:00 PM   #11
Asgard
Deadman

I really like the teaser and I don't think I'll let that go away.
That would be my first real cat woman in the collection

I just hope she doesn't have boots on like the Tweeterhead Cheetah.
Then I'm out immediately.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 04:11 PM   #12
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I really like the teaser and I don't think I'll let that go away.
That would be my first real cat woman in the collection

I just hope she doesn't have boots on like the Tweeterhead Cheetah.
Then I'm out immediately.
The Tweeterhead piece was based on the first two iterations of Cheetah - Priscilla Rich and Debbie Domaine - which had heels because they were actually cat suits. This piece looks to be based on Barbara Minerva, so I'd expect clawed feet similar to Sideshow's.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 05:14 PM   #13
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
This piece looks to be based on Barbara Minerva, so I'd expect clawed feet similar to Sideshow's.
I very much hope that you are right
Old 08-31-2021, 01:40 AM   #14
Peedi
The Secret Six

Of all the characters…they could’ve put more work into Batman, Superman, Nightwing, Deathstroke, Wonder Woman herself, but no, let’s make our priority Cheetah!

Looks better than Sideshow’s but as said, Cheetah isn’t the best seller. I know she has her fans but even after the movie she’s not a highly known or regarded character in the way that say Bane is for example.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 10:33 AM   #15
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Of all the characters…they could’ve put more work into Batman, Superman, Nightwing, Deathstroke, Wonder Woman herself, but no, let’s make our priority Cheetah!
There are so many Batman, Superman, Nightwing, Deathstroke, Wonder Woman outside.
I'm glad XM's priority is Cheetah
Old 08-31-2021, 11:58 AM   #16
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:

Looks better than Sideshow’s but as said, Cheetah isn’t the best seller. I know she has her fans but even after the movie she’s not a highly known or regarded character in the way that say Bane is for example.
XM has the priority right! There's already hundreds of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman statues out there.

Making B and C list characters is good for the statue community and collectors! We don't want another Sideshow doing repeats every single year.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 12:09 PM   #17
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:

Better than Sideshow's? That's a huge stretch considering theirs was an amazing piece and all we've seen of this is a single partial (dark) image.

And I agree with the other two - the world doesn't need anymore Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman statues right now.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 03:13 PM   #18
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:

Only reason we're seeing one. I don't have a problem with it really (B and C list argument), but having a slow seller leapfrog so many potential sellers that haven't been released doesn't make much sense to me.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 03:25 PM   #19
Asgard
Deadman

Come on, If XM can produce a Samurai Scarecrow, XM can also produce a Cheetah

I've already had my seller put me on the list
Old 08-31-2021, 07:51 PM   #20
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:

Yeah it’s not like there’s is not enough Batman et al. There is already a number of Bane pieces. As a WW fan dinner like to see Circe or Ares as I’m happy with SS Cheetah. That said this looks nice and I might be interested.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote