Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-12-2021, 01:47 PM   #11
qz33
Rescue

Get the Final Fight license.
Do FF and SF versions of Cody, Haggar, Guy, Sodom, along with Hugo/Andre to go with the already released Poisons and you're getting somewhere.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 02:09 PM   #12
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I feel like 1/4th might be too big. Would probably have to have a small edition size.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 02:13 PM   #13
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Final Fight license would be an unnecessary expense though, as all those characters qualify under the Street Fighter license, except maybe Haggar. All it takes is PCS decision to DO the 'Final Fight characters'.

I'd definitely buy Guy.

I love Capcom. Love that PCS pursued additional Capcom licenses, unfortunately not one I wanted (Megaman). Bionic Commando, Strider, Ghouls n' Ghosts n' Goblins.

Don't forget bringing Arika into the fold. All these tangential licenses could be more valuable if done in conjunction with Street Fighter.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 02:43 PM   #14
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

For those of you interested in this, you might want to vote in the poll in the Facebook PCS Collectors' Group. I think Ant is mainly looking at those results to see if they will move forward with this or not.

Right now there's only 34 votes marked interested. I doubt that would be enough.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 03:01 PM   #15
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Making product decisions out of a small, closed group, who whether they are repeat buyers is questionable, probably won't yield the best quality data. Their loss, I guess.

With Hugo, we can assume that the sales are going to be lower than Cammy. They can use Sideshow's muscle to promote it. Drive the point home that he's a grail because he's massive. A quick Youtube teaser to build up hype, will do a lot more.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 03:29 PM   #16
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullscale View Post
Who would be interested in Hugo from Street fighter in quarter scale? Over 2 feet tall. Probably around $1k or so.
Just curious/not meant to be critical;
Some statues are expensive to make. I get it when there are many details and the shapes are irregular, so statue has to be solid for most part. Everything has to key well and when there is also a lot of painting detail/colors/shading needed.

But why would something what appears to be one large body volume with small and easier to cast details, which can be made hollow to save raw material. Has to cost 1000+ ? Is this already standard pricepoint for all 1/4 ??

PCS has multiple large 1/4 statues for 400 - 500usd. e.g. your M.Bison is bulky and 26.5" for 520usd.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 05:45 PM   #17
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Just curious/not meant to be critical;
Some statues are expensive to make. I get it when there are many details and the shapes are irregular, so statue has to be solid for most part. Everything has to key well and when there is also a lot of painting detail/colors/shading needed.

But why would something what appears to be one large body volume with small and easier to cast details, which can be made hollow to save raw material. Has to cost 1000+ ? Is this already standard pricepoint for all 1/4 ??
I think the Chinese factories can use any rationale to justify a high price point, regardless of it's merit. Up to Ant to convince them otherwise. As you mention, they just take the generally accepted price point, and run with it.

But this character is probably being considered because a 1:4 of him is the same size as a typical 1:3, and there's a higher profit margin with 1:3. It would probably be treated accordingly by the factory.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:33 PM   #18
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I also thought about him being hollow as well. Hugo's design is simple in certain ways and intricate in others. Trying to make a full blown 1/4th of him definitely strikes me as a passion project, but it could probably be salvaged in a way to make it a little more accessible to people. I know people like immense heft on their products, but maybe they could figure out a way to cut some huge costs while retaining the size. Once he is on display, how much he weighs no longer matters except that the lighter he is the easier he is to display. Maybe they could use PVC? I forgot if that ends up being more expensive or not. I think many many years ago Jerry said something like PVC becomes way more expensive at bigger scales than the resins do.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 07:59 PM   #19
qz33
Rescue

Bison designed, factory priced, and PO'd from 3-4? years ago doesn't mean much.

The Ultra Bisons had a total ES of 950. Notice how Ultra Blanka's was much smaller and $600?
Smaller ES means higher prices. Now they didn't want to sticker shock people with Blanka so PCS likely trimmed that margin since the sculpt had been cooking from at least 2 years ago.

Hugo would have to be a more premium margin for both the factory and PCS.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 08:18 PM   #20
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I also thought about him being hollow as well. Hugo's design is simple in certain ways and intricate in others. Trying to make a full blown 1/4th of him definitely strikes me as a passion project, but it could probably be salvaged in a way to make it a little more accessible to people. I know people like immense heft on their products, but maybe they could figure out a way to cut some huge costs while retaining the size. Once he is on display, how much he weighs no longer matters except that the lighter he is the easier he is to display. Maybe they could use PVC? I forgot if that ends up being more expensive or not. I think many many years ago Jerry said something like PVC becomes way more expensive at bigger scales than the resins do.
That's right, because the metal molds are expensive. Also why PVC releases tend to be large runs. Maybe the high cost per unit here would be enough to offset that. Dunno.