Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-25-2021, 04:42 PM   #861
Halcyon
Loki

This comparison is for Shogun.

1:3 scale (human vs Pred) seems correct, but Batman's head looks rather small this way. Arnold prob had thicker skull than Wayne

(I put the feet at same level)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Batman Hush vs Pred1.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	533.1 KB
ID:	140797  
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 05:14 PM   #862
Dundee
Hydra

For me, if the words 'potentially sell' come up in my mind for a statue I'm considering, then I don't love it enough and that's my cue to not buy. If your not sure, just wait it out until the dust settles and then you can really decide if this is an absolute must.

Being my only predator piece and one of my fav characters that I must own for good at some point in time, there's no way I'm selling this. Comments like the DX will fetch more in future so buy that version don't apply to me, if they do, I won't be buying the statue. I don't see these as investments, if I love I buy, if not I pass, simple. The DX features were very meh for me, wouldn't use most of the swap outs and they'll end up in the box, so no point.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 05:15 PM   #863
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
This comparison is for Shogun.

1:3 scale (human vs Pred) seems correct, but Batman's head looks rather small this way. Arnold prob had thicker skull than Wayne

(I put the feet at same level)
dude, thanks so much. they look even more magnificent than I imagined they would. and whats better is they are they are around the same total height (factoring in Batman's huge base).

the 1991 Batman vs Predator comic was arguably the peak of my childhood.

i'll never be totally out of this hobby, but after i get these two displayed next to each other, i think my work here may be done.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 05:22 PM   #864
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
An Australian retailer has the DX version for £2,184 which is a kick in the nuts!
I feel bad for you guys in UK and Europe, maybe contact all potential local suppliers and gauge whether they will be getting this.

I got mine from that Aus retailer, day 1 PO. Didn't want to risk running out of stock (been burnt once), missing out would cost me at least 1k USD more to get it from Prime 1.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 06:01 PM   #865
leplant
Deadman

I’m in for the DX with the bonus items. I had every intention of grabbing a Cinemaquette, but waited too long, and the after market was brutal. I’ve been kicking myself for a long time over that. Not making that mistake again.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 08:11 PM   #866
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It would of been hard for me to justify buying this if I'd gotten the 1:4 jungle hunter ...Luckily some bad pics which ended up being not as bad as I originally thought saved me then when this released I had money from cancelled orders and to be honest I'd much rather this beast than the others I cancelled so fate worked to my advantage so thanks who ever released those first pics of the 1:4 predator lol.
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 08:24 AM   #867
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyluzZ View Post
Thats where Im at right, causing way much more stress, both financialy and emotionly...not enough room to put them on my house, so currently having 8 statues in boxes in a warehouse is just sad and pointless...
Shame because I wanted this predator and the Prime1s Lord of the Rings line....plus I collect Anime which is a huge realm by itself, TONS of statues..
Buddy,

My advice is that you stop buying more, stop wanting to buy more. Only look to sell and walk away from it all. Using words like "sad and pointless" should tell you a lot of where this "hobby" has gotten you. You are stressed financially and emotionally by this, eight boxes in a warehouse. I really hope you take a step back and reflect on this.

Right now there are too many companies, too many licenses, too much creative vision, and too much potential for not one, but even two or three "must have" pieces at various scales at any one time. Some of us may not admit it but this can quickly go from being a hobby to being a full-blown addiction.
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 10:37 AM   #868
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Thinking about going direct with the DX Bonus Edition.

Pros: Get it sooner. They may sort economy shipping to the UK. Get any extras they may add. Only 10% deposit. Chance of only paying 5% V.A.T.

Cons: Shipping may rise but that's an easy cancel then hope local retailers have stock. Conversion rates could change drastically. Local order is a guaranteed fixed price.

Wrecking my head as I need this order in the bag.

Just thought of another advantage, Reward Points to use on the 1:3 P2! LOL!
Collectorcol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 10:51 AM   #869
Glencairn
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Conversion rates could change drastically. Local order is a guaranteed fixed price.
This was the biggest reason I chose local
Glencairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 11:19 AM   #870
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glencairn View Post
This was the biggest reason I chose local
What version and where from?
Collectorcol is online now   Reply With Quote