Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 06-07-2023, 11:34 PM   #61
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
(sigh) Box looks HUGE.

On the positive side, statue itself looks just like the prototype. Decals for eyes are fine (for me) at that scale.

If it's shipping direct to customers now, I'm going to guess about another month or so to fill a container bound for the US, and another month or so at sea.

Spec might be shipping these before the end of September.
It might take a bit longer than that..

There are many pieces that Sugo here in Australia starts getting in 2-4 months after the initial batches. On rare occasions Spec may get a piece at the same time, but more often than not it’s another 3-6 months after….. which is why you see many posts here and there about individuals cancelling their Queen orders with Spec.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 12:04 AM   #62
pdenham
Teen Titans

You might be right. I haven't been paying much attention to the delivery variances with other pieces.

My thought process was the smaller ES (under 600) combined with it being primarily resin/poly, these may be moving off the production line quicker than something like a hair punched bust or rooted hair statue.

I'm as eager for this as either of the JNDs I have coming, but late September/October is always a bad time for me as I'm usually on the road. If it slips well past that, it's better for me anyway.

In any case, it's a relief to see this matching the prototype - and also to get a better sense of it's scale next to a real person. Even though I know the dimensions, I expected her to look tiny, but she seems to be substantial enough to make a good impression in the room.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 08:41 PM   #63
pdenham
Teen Titans

Just read a news item about Cameron selling his coastal ranch.

He doesn't anticipate spending much time there since his slate of projects for the foreseeable future require him to divide his time mostly between New Zealand....and Austin.

Austin because he says he's dedicated to making more Alita films.
Films plural.

The bust is still my grail piece, and I'm still greatly looking forward to this one.

Only thing that might take the shine off the 1/4 is if someone (Queen? JND?) comes up with an equally accurate 1/3.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 11:12 PM   #64
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Austin because he says he's dedicated to making more Alita films.
Films plural.
That's all well and good, but that mofocker needs to finally release a high def version of the The Abyss...c'mon James, you've been dragging your feet on this long enough
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 11:44 PM   #65
Augen
Metal Men

I'm so excited for Alita sequels!
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 01:48 AM   #66
K1NG J0RDAN
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'm so excited for Alita sequels!
We've waited long enough! On the bright side, they can use all that fancy new Avatar tech. Can't wait to see!
K1NG J0RDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 04:36 PM   #67
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
That's all well and good, but that mofocker needs to finally release a high def version of the The Abyss...c'mon James, you've been dragging your feet on this long enough
I keep hearing every year, every year. Or next year, or this year because of a new Avatar. It's one of the few original DVD's a still own along with Young Sherlock Holmes. Another classic that still hasn't gotten a high-def version yet either...
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 05:02 PM   #68
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1NG J0RDAN View Post
We've waited long enough! On the bright side, they can use all that fancy new Avatar tech. Can't wait to see!
Yep, if we get them in 2027 and 2030 WETA should have perfected aspects and make her look even better.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 07:39 PM   #69
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I keep hearing every year, every year. Or next year, or this year because of a new Avatar. It's one of the few original DVD's a still own along with Young Sherlock Holmes. Another classic that still hasn't gotten a high-def version yet either...
Hahaa, it's so true! One of these days it'll happen...I think
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 10:26 PM   #70
Kamxam
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Just ordered this one since unless i want to open up a new mortgage for the life-size version, this is the next best thing.
Kamxam is offline   Reply With Quote