Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-01-2018, 06:25 PM   #411
Clarian
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALI3NS View Post
I recently had a waitlist convert and received and paid a PCS invoice for the deposit amount for the pre-order. I assumed that this order/pre-order would show up under my account on the PCS website but it has not (as of yet).
For what it's worth, I'm in the exact same situation.

Prior to this I've only bought one piece from PCS directly. My experience with that one was: there was no kind of order confirmation other than the paypal receipt; then there were delays and during that period there wasn't much communication; then there was an email update that it was nearly ready to ship (to be fair, apologizing for the delays). A couple weeks after that I got the shipping invoice, and finally received the statue in perfect condition.

So yeah, with the new website I did check whether my paid waitlist conversion showed up under my orders, but given my past experience, wasn't too surprised when it didn't. (Also, my other pre-order from before the new website launched doesn't appear there either.)

I'm personally not worried at all yet, just because in my experience they've never been too strong with communication/confirmation. (I'm happy the waitlist worked, though!)

I'm still hoping they manage to stick to this schedule, which hasn't been broken for either of the pieces I ordered...yet. (I haven't checked at all whether they've kept it for ones I didn't order...): http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=531
Clarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:12 PM   #412
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'll purchase their products, but only have they have released. Feel confident you can find them on the forums and fb for retail or cheaper.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:17 PM   #413
the-owl
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
I'll purchase their products, but only have they have released. Feel confident you can find them on the forums and fb for retail or cheaper.
do people sell statues on here? been looking for cheaper motu statues but ebay the sellers are just scalpers.
the-owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:11 PM   #414
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-owl View Post
do people sell statues on here? been looking for cheaper motu statues but ebay the sellers are just scalpers.
Yes, it's under the buy sell trade thread in about the middle of the main page.

http://www.statueforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2018-06-01-21-13-13.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	256.5 KB
ID:	114216  
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:13 PM   #415
MegatronG1
The X-Men

To recoup the statue cost and ebay fees you have to "scalp". Most new PCS are seling for under retail. Is it still a good idea to pay in full for preorders?
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:18 PM   #416
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
PCS have announced a 1/3 Cammy. Maybe PCS plan putting up for pre_order one or two SF pieces per year, along with Mortal Kombat. It'll keep Jerry as busy as he wants to be atleast

TMNT, D&D, Transformers, My Little Pony, Power Rangers arn't lines that interest me. I wish PCS would do more with their American Werewolf in London licence
Is Jerry working on Cammy? I have the impression that he isn’t - they mentioned some other guy (who they said worked on Chun-Li but is uncredited) as working on her.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:17 AM   #417
ALI3NS
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
For what it's worth, I'm in the exact same situation.

Prior to this I've only bought one piece from PCS directly. My experience with that one was: there was no kind of order confirmation other than the paypal receipt; then there were delays and during that period there wasn't much communication; then there was an email update that it was nearly ready to ship (to be fair, apologizing for the delays). A couple weeks after that I got the shipping invoice, and finally received the statue in perfect condition.

So yeah, with the new website I did check whether my paid waitlist conversion showed up under my orders, but given my past experience, wasn't too surprised when it didn't. (Also, my other pre-order from before the new website launched doesn't appear there either.)

I'm personally not worried at all yet, just because in my experience they've never been too strong with communication/confirmation. (I'm happy the waitlist worked, though!)

I'm still hoping they manage to stick to this schedule, which hasn't been broken for either of the pieces I ordered...yet. (I haven't checked at all whether they've kept it for ones I didn't order...): http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=531
Thanks for your response. It makes me feel better that my experience is not unusual.
ALI3NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:02 AM   #418
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Is Jerry working on Cammy? I have the impression that he isn’t - they mentioned some other guy (who they said worked on Chun-Li but is uncredited) as working on her.
He is not working on cammy joe jung is sculpting her. here is a pic of him working on some pcs statues of including chun li.

Click image for larger version

Name:	891E4A6D-7CB1-4695-8FB1-B02E55AC08AF.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	114219
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:50 AM   #419
joyfi2
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALI3NS View Post
Thanks for your response. It makes me feel better that my experience is not unusual.
I've had a few waitlist orders convert to live orders before. They've never showed up in my account history.

After you pay the invoice they send you, you just wait. I emailed customer service my first time just to check. They do keep track of everyone's conversions but they don't send you any confirmation or add it to your website order history.
joyfi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 04:05 PM   #420
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
He is not working on cammy joe jung is sculpting her. here is a pic of him working on some pcs statues of including chun li.

Attachment 114219
probably for the best, it looked awesome and iirc Jerry's not the best at female sculpts.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote