Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
ES on sideshow

40 Open Wings
130 Closed Wings
200 Open/Closed Wings
Interesting. For an expensive, large scale B (C level?) character, not too bad of an ES.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:38 PM   #152
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Interesting. For an expensive, large scale B (C level?) character, not too bad of an ES.
You’re right 370 total isn’t too bad at all.

And it looks like most wanted or at least selected both wings option for their preorders. Or at least it seems that way.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:58 PM   #153
mars
The Spirit

Also interesting, to know there is only 200 of us that are going to be receiving the open and closed wing version makes this a very unique statue, personally I don't think I'll ever get to see another one like this ever made again.

PS. looking forward, hope they show this at the San Diego Comic-Con
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:33 PM   #154
dr_vasanth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Smile Hawkman (Open & Closed Wings) Statue by Iron Studios Prime Scale 1:3

Yeah..you guys hit the nail square on the head. B or ?C grade character - but, this one is so..o.. unique with the Open and Closed wings option that I finally gave in and put my money down for one of those 200 pieces! And to think that I didn't even REALLY want Hawkman!!
dr_vasanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:30 PM   #155
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

This piece wasn't on my radar until I saw a couple of SDCC 2019 videos on it and the presence and level of detail just blew me away. The art direction and execution is spot on as well. I decided to order the closed wing version because I really like how the closed wings frame Hawkman and they don't take up a ton of display space compared to the open wing version.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 04:17 PM   #156
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

Who did you order it thru?
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 04:23 PM   #157
craigcliff1
Zot

This such an awesome statue
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:20 PM   #158
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I decided to order the closed wing version because I really like how the closed wings frame Hawkman and they don't take up a ton of display space compared to the open wing version.
Yeah. Having both options available would have been nice, but I had to face facts. There's no situation where I can ever see having more space available than I currently have now. $300 more for additional open wings (which do look awesome) would have just been a flat out waste of money for me.

Ultimately not a big deal, as this closed wing version was what I first saw last year, and that was more than impressive enough on it's own.
Having the wings wrap around the figure like that I felt was an especially inspired design, and that's the orientation that made this a must have for me.

I gotta be honest though and say I'm more than a little concerned how many people are commenting on how huge this is in person. I knew it was big. I've taken, and re-taken measurements and I feel like I can massage it into the space I have available with a little re-jiggering of some of the furniture.
But hearing Gem Mint, who I know has had some pretty large stuff himself, say that the base alone looks like a big "piece of furniture" has me worried I may not be fully prepared for this in some way.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:33 PM   #159
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

pdenham, some good points especially on the size. I am getting my first(!) 1/3 scale statue on Monday (Justice League Batman) and I am anxious to see how big it looks compared to my multiple 1/4 scale pieces.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:36 PM   #160
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I am getting my first(!) 1/3 scale statue on Monday...
Cool! Christmas in July

I look forward to reading all your impressions after it's set up and you've had a chance to soak it in.

Tomorrow I'm going to take some cardboard boxes and cut them together in the general shape and size of the HM to get a better handle on exactly how much moving of things it's going to take to accommodate it. Looking at the specs and taking yet more measurements, I know I've been fooling myself. This thing is going to need some room to breath and I didn't want to acknowledge that before. I may have to rethink my strategy or end up cancelling it, which I would hate.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote