Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 02-14-2019, 10:10 AM   #11
The STATUARY
Fantastic Four

That Thor is Blazin'!

Statues finished like this will eventually show this industry's customers the superiority of PVC.

All statue prices are getting out of hand. Too much competition for Chinese labor with little alternative. It will keep going until people either quit buying or the next revolution in automation.
The STATUARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 10:36 AM   #12
golem216
Frackin!

Here's a Facebook post about them: https://www.facebook.com/kotobukiyao...73801093205169

Looks like more info coming in a couple days.
golem216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 10:56 AM   #13
Bea625
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaelcab View Post
These look great but as mentioned Artfx is always PVC which is fine if the price is appropriate but I'm sure they will be asking around $300 for these potentially which makes it not worth it. I only say this because Koto announcement a bishojo Catwomen for a little over $100. I've always loved Kotobukiya but there prices are getting out of hand which has driven me to Diamond Select. Granted there quality isn't as good but to me it's good enough and the recent Magneto they made is pretty legit. I hope I'm wrong though as that Thor statue has me very interested lol.

Totally agree with your point on price. Their quality is definitely better than DST, but not nearly double the price better. I would say 8/10 artfx+ and artfx statues they produce consistently drops 20-50% in price based off the MSRP. It usually only takes a few months. Look at the Infitiy War Thanos, It's going for under $70 on eBay...brand new.

I've already moved to DST for quite a few pieces, but no one else really produces Star Wars in such a scale, under $100. Iron Studios is limited with what they have. The KOTO bounty hunter line has been way overpriced...$100 for Dengar??! I've just waited for them to drop. I don't mind PVC, but this new line needs to be priced better than ARTFX and ARTFX+. Probably wishful thinking.
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:16 AM   #14
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I have a hard time calling PVC or plastic a statue...
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:53 PM   #15
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
I have a hard time calling PVC or plastic a statue...
By that definition pretty much nothing in this hobby or on this forum is a statue then. Polystone and resin are just plastics in a different form than PVC.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 12:51 AM   #16
moviemonster
Justice League

I’m really interested to see what they do to make an “extreme detail” statue out of PVC of the Hulk.
moviemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:19 AM   #17
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by alshadow View Post
I see this circulating around Facebook statue groups, although I can't find any other info on it anywhere even from Koto's official page. Thoughts?

Interesting! I hope they make a classic Iron Man.

Really wish that Thor was a classic version, too.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:42 AM   #18
George Clark
Justice League

Intrigued by the looks of these. Hoping against all odds that Koto would produce these in 1/6 (and not the 1/7 the other lines are produced at).
George Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:57 AM   #19
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
By that definition pretty much nothing in this hobby or on this forum is a statue then. Polystone and resin are just plastics in a different form than PVC.
I see what you mean tho...It just feels more like a figure to me and should be no where near the price they cost.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 08:49 AM   #20
Mister H
Green Goblin

The more I look at that Cap the more I like it. Looks like he’s coming straight out of a comic book.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote