Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 10-16-2018, 01:50 PM   #51
Arkenglaone
Doh!

I don't want to see more this piece, because even if she's wonderful, her price will be like 2,500$ or 3,000$, maybe 3,500$...
I live in France. The only price of VAT of this statue will be too excessive... Ridiculous.
Although ... if I start prostituting myself today, I might be able to raise the necessary amount?
Arkenglaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:02 PM   #52
pinkxter
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkenglaone View Post
I don't want to see more this piece, because even if she's wonderful, her price will be like 2,500$ or 3,000$, maybe 3,500$...
I live in France. The only price of VAT of this statue will be too excessive... Ridiculous.
Although ... if I start prostituting myself today, I might be able to raise the necessary amount?
haha - well how many in this thread will jump on the price regardless.

one piece of info i learned today is that prime 1 has the license as well for lotr.
pinkxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:13 PM   #53
drivingdutchman
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxter View Post
haha - well how many in this thread will jump on the price regardless.

one piece of info i learned today is that prime 1 has the license as well for lotr.
Prime 1 has been sitting on the license but showed off an Aragorn sculpt recently (or a teaser of a sculpt), however, given their reputation it'll be a few years before anyone actually gets a LOTR statue.
drivingdutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:22 PM   #54
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

It's such an awesome statue and I absolutely adore the character but never in my lifetime will I spend $5000 (AUD) on a single collectible. Unless I fall into a lot of money, i.e. win the lottery.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:55 PM   #55
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

I wish Weta's paint app could be trusted from proto to production piece. This is going to be sold at an elite price point and i'm just not convinced they're contending with XM or Prime 1 with world-class paint apps yet.

I hate to say it, but I know this will sell out quickly and it's just too much money to not see in hand pics first before ordering. Hopefully Prime 1 pulls off something similar with Treebeard and the team.

I hope the production pieces are a home-run for Weta. Can't wait to see it (even if from the sideline).
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:25 AM   #56
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

This is a Master’s Collection piece so expecting it to look exactly like the prototype is within reason. You’re paying a premium because this is supposed to be Weta at the top of their game. From everything I saw Gollum delivered and I expect this will too.

That being said on the off chance it doesn’t I have faith in Weta’s CS that you’d be able to return it without issue. Over the years I’ve unfortunately had to return a few pieces and they’ve always done right by me.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:55 AM   #57
cyrax83
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Looks amazing

Thankful I don't collect LOTR statues because the price of this is going to be astronomical
cyrax83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:49 PM   #58
Darth Milo
Hydra

Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:11 PM   #59
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Awesome looking piece, but guess I am just too jaded from all those years of collecting. Only thing I can think of while looking at the photos is the amount of damage and broken off leaves I will get when this giant box shows up, and the pain of dealing with exchange such a large item.

I just don’t see how they can safely ship this with the amount of leaves and little pieces sticking out everywhere.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:14 PM   #60
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
This is a Master’s Collection piece so expecting it to look exactly like the prototype is within reason. You’re paying a premium because this is supposed to be Weta at the top of their game. From everything I saw Gollum delivered and I expect this will too.

That being said on the off chance it doesn’t I have faith in Weta’s CS that you’d be able to return it without issue. Over the years I’ve unfortunately had to return a few pieces and they’ve always done right by me.
That's all very reassuring. I actually have the lunging Gollum 1/6 statue and it's amazing. I think their 1/6 and smaller are impressive. The cityscapes are amazing as well. The bigger the format, the more the paint app seems to take a back seat, but their Master Collection Gollum is really well done.

I was hoping for a better paint app on the hobbit portraits on this proto. Leaves me a little concerned for the Production piece, but then again this Treebeard rendition and size has never been done.

It'll be a marvel regardless.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote