Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-15-2018, 02:22 PM   #1821
nurturer
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
Once again the QC monster strikes. This is totally unacceptable, charging that much for an item just to have it fall apart in a matter of months. What would it take for SS and other companies to get their acts together?
Falling sales!
nurturer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:01 AM   #1822
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurturer View Post
Falling sales!
Their sales ARE falling, that didn't stop these QC issue from reoccurring.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:20 PM   #1823
nurturer
Frackin!

Got my response. As I'm outside the 30 day return window, they can't replace the entire statue, but they will replace the head that smashed, if I cover the shipping. So, I will breaking out the dremel, magnets, steel rods, putty and paints to do what these guys should have done in the first place. You can effective say that this statue has an expiration date because at a certain point you will not be able to display it without concern of possible injury if one day the thing tips over. Unless you add a rod into the right leg at the heel.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:28 PM   #1824
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Got my response. As I'm outside the 30 day return window, they can't replace the entire statue, but they will replace the head that smashed, if I cover the shipping. So, I will breaking out the dremel, magnets, steel rods, putty and paints to do what these guys should have done in the first place. You can effective say that this statue has an expiration date because at a certain point you will not be able to display it without concern of possible injury if one day the thing tips over. Unless you add a rod into the right leg at the heel.
Wait, why aren't you taking the replacement head option? How much was shipping?
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:23 PM   #1825
nurturer
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Wait, why aren't you taking the replacement head option? How much was shipping?
I am taking it. They're going to send me a quote for shipping. Beats the hell out of gluing it all back together, but I will be placing strong magnets at the base of both heads to ensure this doesn't happen again. And I'm hoping the forward lean can be corrected by leaning the statue backward slightly, caused by a rectangular box under the front. It took months to get the forward lean, so I'm thinking it will take months to re-position itself, if it does at all. If it doesn't, I'll saw into the leg and re-position it that way. And you're right, none of us should have to do any of this at $1300 a pop.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:46 PM   #1826
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
I am taking it. They're going to send me a quote for shipping. Beats the hell out of gluing it all back together, but I will be placing strong magnets at the base of both heads to ensure this doesn't happen again. And I'm hoping the forward lean can be corrected by leaning the statue backward slightly, caused by a rectangular box under the front. It took months to get the forward lean, so I'm thinking it will take months to re-position itself, if it does at all. If it doesn't, I'll saw into the leg and re-position it that way. And you're right, none of us should have to do any of this at $1300 a pop.
Ah, gotcha!

Oy, a lot of trouble, but I like your plan of action moving forward. And ugh, really shouldn't have to be done (especially at that price point), but it is what it is for now.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:26 PM   #1827
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

To bad theses statues don't come with a 1 year warranty.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:25 PM   #1828
nurturer
Frackin!

My first thought as to why this happened was that maybe the humidity over the summer had an affect on the resin or polystone (whatever you want to call it). But I took a look at my other Sideshow statues and they're as solid as the day I pulled them out of the box. So, something changed between my previous purchases, then and now. Then I read here of the same happening to others. That's when I knew it is on Sideshow. I tend to attribute a nose dive in quality due to possible new, and less stringent management or a corner cutting strategy, using inferior, less expensive materials, to maximize profit over quality. And history always seems to bear it out that either will bite them in the ass eventually.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:42 PM   #1829
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
My first thought as to why this happened was that maybe the humidity over the summer had an affect on the resin or polystone (whatever you want to call it). But I took a look at my other Sideshow statues and they're as solid as the day I pulled them out of the box. So, something changed between my previous purchases, then and now. Then I read here of the same happening to others. That's when I knew it is on Sideshow. I tend to attribute a nose dive in quality due to possible new, and less stringent management or a corner cutting strategy, using inferior, less expensive materials, to maximize profit over quality. And history always seems to bear it out that either will bite them in the ass eventually.
That does suck big time and i see why your mad but another take on this..Maybe its just a few bad cast that were made..There are 600 of the Ex alone and i had mine over over 6 mos and no lean as yet.My alien big chap i had over 2 yrs and its has the same one peg deal and it main weight is one side..No lean too.Now Sideshow after seeing the lean in your pictures should cover it as its not been that long and they should stand by their product!

tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:19 PM   #1830
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Got my response . . . they can't [yes they can - but they WON'T !] replace the entire statue, but they will replace the head that smashed, if I cover the shipping . . .
I'm not surprised at their response. About par for a company that really doesn't care.

I repeat . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
. . . There is NOTHING about Sideshow products that makes them worth buying any more.
HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote