Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-29-2011, 01:33 AM   #1521
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortalMonday View Post
He wants to pay for something that should have been done right the first time! Blame SS, not him!

Exactly my point. And I'm not blaming him.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:42 AM   #1522
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Hmm.. the green on her outfit doesn't pop as much as the proto either.. but now I'm just looking foward to more pics

we just need 1 solid photo to save the day

Last edited by Rocket; 09-29-2011 at 03:17 AM.
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:48 AM   #1523
MortalMonday
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The paint looks just as bad as the paint on Cyclops, which is awful in my opinion.

So we have googly eyes, make-up applied by a 2 year old, an ass that just plain quit, and terribly dull paint. Sigh.
MortalMonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:52 AM   #1524
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortalMonday View Post
The paint looks just as bad as the paint on Cyclops, which is awful in my opinion.

So we have googly eyes, make-up applied by a 2 year old, an ass that just plain quit, and terribly dull paint. Sigh.
I hope the next PF proves us wrong. This is why the old PFs are worth so much, because the quality has been established. It's not about the latest, it's all about the quality of material/crafstmanship used. As a comparison.. you can get a 16 megapixel (latest) camera (made in china), doesn't mean anything, or you can get a 6 megapixel (made in Japan say) with a carl zeiss lens that is 10x the quality

The brand premium format should be tied with the meaning of the word
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:13 AM   #1525
ilikethat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post
I hope the next PF proves us wrong. This is why the old PFs are worth so much, because the quality has been established. It's not about the latest, it's all about the quality of material/crafstmanship used. As a comparison.. you can get a 16 megapixel (latest) camera (made in china), doesn't mean anything, or you can get a 6 megapixel (made in Japan say) with a carl zeiss lens that is 10x the quality

ilikethat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:29 AM   #1526
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post

Hear hear!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:34 AM   #1527
Turtle
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Just finished inspecting mine, #556. Honestly, the piece looks great to the naked eye. Her eyes have a bit of an issue but it depends on which angle you view the statue. And for some strange reason, the nicer the camera used to shoot this statue, the more flaws it can pick up. There are things that I hardly noticed with the naked eye that show up vividly in the pictures. Usually it's the other way around. I can honestly say that I am content with mine and plan on keeping it. Here are the pics of the heads. I used my Iphone to shoot the pics, since it gives a truer representation of what it looks like in person:

Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:44 AM   #1528
docmario
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Just finished inspecting mine, #556. Honestly, the piece looks great to the naked eye. Her eyes have a bit of an issue but it depends on which angle you view the statue. And for some strange reason, the nicer the camera used to shoot this statue, the more flaws it can pick up. There are things that I hardly noticed with the naked eye that show up vividly in the pictures. Usually it's the other way around. I can honestly say that I am content with mine and plan on keeping it. Here are the pics of the heads. I used my Iphone to shoot the pics, since it gives a truer representation of what it looks like in person:

still looking pretty obvious..
docmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:01 AM   #1529
francois_nor
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I respect that you're not denying it. Still classic though.
I'm amazed how i couldn't hold it... i was gonna say what the ----... her eyes are bad but i'm like maybe its mine only... that's the second unboxing i do and the statue has something wrong with it.... i hope my next unboxing is a good statue.... i mean come on sideshow QC please!!!!
francois_nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:02 AM   #1530
francois_nor
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmario View Post
still looking pretty obvious..
its better than mine!!!
francois_nor is offline   Reply With Quote