Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 01-23-2019, 08:00 PM   #1
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

FYI Cinemaquette starting NRDs

2019 Non-Refundable Deposit & Cancellation Fee Terms
Dear Collectors,

For the last 15 years we’ve allowed our customers to pre-order items without any deposit only asking for payment in full when the item was in hand and ready to ship.

Starting January 2019 we will begin implementing Non Refundable Deposits on all of our items.

We have many exciting collectibles on the horizon we can’t wait to share with you!

Non-Refundable Deposit & Cancellation Fee Terms

Non-Refundable Deposit (NRD)

As January 2019 all of our new Pre-order items will require a non-refundable deposit (NRD) due at the time of pre-ordering.

The NRD amount for any items ranging from $1.00-$999.99 will be $100. The NRD will be applied to the final price of the item when in hand for shipping.

Any item ranging in price from $1000 - $1999.99 will be $200.00.

For items priced $2000.00 or higher, a custom NRD will be applied, usually 10% of the item's final cost.

Other fine details:

24-Hour grace period: If you disagree with the terms of the agreement, then you may cancel your order without penalty if its within 24 hours of placing it. The NRD will be refunded in full within 1-2 business days. Please allow 5-7 business days for the refund to post to you original form of payment.
NRDs cannot be transferred if your order is cancelled, for any reason.
NRDs cannot be reinstated and placed on a different order.
NRDs may be refunded upon cancellation only in the rare case that the item has been cancelled or the delivery date has been delayed by more than 90 days. from the original estimated arrival date. Buyers would need to contact us directly to cancel their order and request for their NRD to be refunded.

Warm Regards,
Cinemaquette
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:41 PM   #2
Vader
Ghost

that's fair. too many people were ordering and not sticking with it. it was driving the edition sizes up too high.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:56 PM   #3
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

it's fair, but there is absolutely no reason why they cannot offer payment plans. If you want to start adding NRD's, asking customers to plop down over 2k all in one shot makes no sense, especially when their "estimated" and actual shipping rates can fluctuate so much. Unless it's a truly must have character, I prolly won't be ordering anything else from these guys directly due to state tax, no shipping discounts and the lack of their items holding value.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:46 PM   #4
Vader
Ghost

I agree. there should be payment plans. I prefer sideshow's policies.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:21 PM   #5
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
it's fair, but there is absolutely no reason why they cannot offer payment plans. If you want to start adding NRD's, asking customers to plop down over 2k all in one shot makes no sense, especially when their "estimated" and actual shipping rates can fluctuate so much. Unless it's a truly must have character, I prolly won't be ordering anything else from these guys directly due to state tax, no shipping discounts and the lack of their items holding value.
Payment plans are useless anyway, just save your money and pay when you have too.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:29 PM   #6
spidermonkey
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Payment plans are useless anyway, just save your money and pay when you have too.
I see what you're saying. Payment plans are always a nice option though. I just recieved 3 fairly expensive pieces this week and they were all on payment plans. So I ended up paying $500 this week instead of $3500 or so.
spidermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:34 AM   #7
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermonkey View Post
I see what you're saying. Payment plans are always a nice option though. I just recieved 3 fairly expensive pieces this week and they were all on payment plans. So I ended up paying $500 this week instead of $3500 or so.
Yes, options are always good, but it's better for them as they get an interest free loan for as long as it takes to ship the item. It only seems like you just paid $500 this week. You already paid the remaining early, and if those were credit payment you might end up paying MORE than 3500.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:33 PM   #8
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

one of the worst mistakes one can make in this hobby is to buy statues using a CC. I did that when I was in school because I didn't want to miss out on certain items. A few years later and those same items are still in storage lol . The payment plans, when not using a CC are just helpful for another option and easier planning when we have multiple items on order.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:38 PM   #9
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

If they're going to charge an NRD, then they might as well offer payment plans.

Just plain stupid.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 04:46 PM   #10
built2shred
Phoenix

My only issue with their NRD's is they take so freakin long to make the statue, it can take a few years before they release it after the pre-order... They really shouldn't do the pre-order until the statue is within a 6 month window of release..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote