Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-19-2010, 12:17 PM   #1
dablkpnther
The Secret Six

Cool Happy Father's Day!!!

Well everyone since tomorrow is Father's Day I figured I be the first to dedicate this thread to all who are taking care of business. Doesn't matter what your relationship status married, separated, divorced, in a relationship with kids, nuclear family, extended family, even the fellas with baby mama drama. The point is all of us are looking out for the welfare of our children no matter the circumstances. As tomorrow approaches I find myself in retrospect reflecting on my childhood and what it was like not having my father in my life early on. How I had struggle to find myself, not having a male figure to tell me pick myself when I fall, about girls, relationships, sex, and the meaning of life. I found myself latching on male figures who would take an interest in me. As I got older I tried to connect with my father but I found the chasm between him and I to be much deeper than imagine. Leaving me feeling more alone as I struggle through my teenage years. But now that I'm a father myself I can see the kind of struggles that my father had to endure. The only difference is that I'm there with my kids where as my father wasn't for me during childhood and adolescences. While my determination remains strong to be a good father and to keep the traditional family intact. I can't help but wonder what life be like if my family had remained together. But the more I thought about the the less likely I wouldn't turn out to be the person that I am today if not for my own experience. My personal struggle is what makes me stay the course on my journey and not have the cycle repeat itself.

In the end I realized fatherhood is more than just being a paycheck provider, it's about being there for the long haul for our kids.

To all my fellow SF brethrens, drink up; pat yourself on the back, high five, fist bump, chest bump or whatever you do to get that good feeling again because I salute you for taking care of business....Happy Father's Day. Enjoy this day because it's not often we get the kind praise that is lavish on the moms which is about 365 days of the year.
dablkpnther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

We're having my both my dad and my wife's dad over for breakfast tomorrow and then its off to see Toy Story 3 with the kids. I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #3
dablkpnther
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
We're having my both my dad and my wife's dad over for breakfast tomorrow and then its off to see Toy Story 3 with the kids. I'm really looking forward to it.

Enjoy your Father's Day tomorrow MONSTER...I know I certainly will. Going to visit my own and see my father-in-law.
dablkpnther is offline   Reply With Quote