Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches > Art Stories

Old 04-08-2009, 08:29 AM   #1
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Rags Morales Blahhh

Ok on a rant today 2 in a row. Ok so year and a half ago my best friend sets up 2 commissions with Rags at pittsburg. After trying to get up with rags for a year and a half and 20 or so emails he would never answer or say Oh yeah I will have it next week. My bud was at NY and this is what I got Now its not a bad piece is it a great piece NO is it worth waiting a year and a half for NO. Also There is NO 2nd piece which was suppose to be a Robin piece. He said he did not remember that there were 2 pieces. In the 20 or so emails I sent back and forth over the last year and a half both pieces were always mentioned, Not like he gave my bud a receipt or anything soo being he's the artist and since he does not remember I get a crappy batman and I don't get the Robin that I PAID FOR WTF.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #2
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Firstly you say its not a bad piece and then you conclude its a crappy Batman. Make up your mind.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:33 AM   #3
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

BTW I think its fine and would look better inked and without the "best wishes".
Old 04-08-2009, 08:38 AM   #4
Jesse321
Galactus

That is kinda blah for a Rags Morales drawing.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:44 AM   #5
The Batfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
BTW I think its fine and would look better inked and without the "best wishes".
It took a year and a half to get so for taking that long its crappy if it was done at a con piece its ok

I have ALL my art personalized if I get the piece directly from the artist even pages I buy.

Also bullseye you don't seem to get the point I WAS CHEATED out of a 2nd piece I paid for which is also a BIG point.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:46 AM   #6
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

What did you pay for this commission? Can you look for a refund if you are unhappy?
Old 04-08-2009, 08:50 AM   #7
The Batfan

I think I paid 200 or 250 each this was year and a half ago it was set up so don't remember exactly, which is not a lot but to me its the principal of the whole thing. Since he's the artist and does not remember I don't get what I paid for.

never heard of a artist giving you back your money cause you did not like the piece.

I did not pick it up if I had I would have said something he was suppose to mail it to me like a dozen times over the last year never sent me any pics of it so this is what my bud picked up when he saw him at NYCC.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #8
risingstar
Jedi Order

Sometimes I wonder if the artist has a good idea as to how his work will be experienced by the client. Call me naive, however, I'd like to believe they care enough to give the paying client what they asked for, or at the very least, a good effort.

Then again, I have also seen a number of artists call it in too. I wish there were some happy medium where clients and artists can meet to discuss a commission which appears less representative of their apparent potential.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #9
Underdog07
Hercules

I like the top of the figure, but the positioning of his legs/feet really look odd
Old 04-08-2009, 12:55 PM   #10
Statue and Bust
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

This doesn't seem right. Because he "Doesn't Remember", your out $250! Any chance you still have the emails you sent him? How about some kind of record of your payment (cashed check, credit card bill, etc)? I'd keep at it with him.