Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-12-2022, 01:51 PM   #341
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

With the way you have to display him with his head turned makes it a lot more apparent
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 02:13 PM   #342
Blade3327
Nightwing

Busts don't usually have complete torsos.

I'll agree that the pose looks awkward from the front (well, front of the base). This was definitely meant to be displayed at an angle. I guess you could display both the JH and CH busts facing forward so their heads are turned toward each other, but that might be a little cheesy.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 03:22 PM   #343
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

Prime 1 is really all over the place with their prices. That just shows they are pulling out the numbers from their greedy asses and see what sticks.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 03:32 PM   #344
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
Surprising price and not far from what I wanted to pay for the original bust which was around $600. With rewards points I have.

They must have sold absolutely NONE of the JH busts (and rightfully so) if they decided to drop the price on the CH so significantly.
i think the price drop has to due with the Limited Jungle Hunter bust having a med kit. The back of this one is a lot less material VS the Jungle Hunter Limited Bust

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 03:35 PM   #345
Blade3327
Nightwing

Yeah, but aren't the non-exclusive JH busts also $900? Those don't have medkits either.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 04:12 PM   #346
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Yeah, but aren't the non-exclusive JH busts also $900? Those don't have medkits either.

Yep, what's the betting at least some of those will be cancelled anyway, they simply don't make financial sense. Prime 1 could easily have offered packages, one body piece with multiple heads (A simple stand for the extra head maybe) Especially for the insane amount of money they slapped on them. That battle damaged head could have been included with the closed mouth JH which would have completed the set for anybody who ordered the dx statue. Likewise this city hunter could have a masked option. At least that would have made the high price more bearable at this smaller scale.

Also if we're going to assume that more material is what adds the cost, let's not even begin to compare the $1000 JH bust to the $3k full statue which itself already include four heads along with the body and huge base etc. These are Prime 1 being greedy, simple. The most annoying thing is that I actually like them quite a lot, I want to order the JH especially to go with the full statue, I even fancy the P2 bust, but that would be supporting P1's recent greedy ways.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 04:22 PM   #347
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
i think the price drop has to due with the Limited Jungle Hunter bust having a med kit. The back of this one is a lot less material VS the Jungle Hunter Limited Bust

I don't think you can try to justify why they price things how they do. They are throwing numbers against the wall to see what sticks and what doesn't. The JH bust price CLEARLY didn't stick, so they chose something different this time.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 10:22 PM   #348
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

I am not having a problem with the position of the bust or statue. While I do not think it is as good as it could have been I do not have a problem with what it is. Speaking of the JH bust med kit, how sick would it have been if they did the same for CH. CH med kit was cool too and unique enough that they could have /should have done that.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 12:58 AM   #349
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
I am not having a problem with the position of the bust or statue. While I do not think it is as good as it could have been I do not have a problem with what it is. Speaking of the JH bust med kit, how sick would it have been if they did the same for CH. CH med kit was cool too and unique enough that they could have /should have done that.
but what's really the point of the med kit? It feels more like a HT accessory. Is it supposed to be displayed separately? It just seems kinda pointless to add more into the cost of something that would definitely have sold well if it were cheaper. No doubt in my mind all of the JH busts would've done well in sales if they were priced at $500. If that means losing the med kit and light up, that would have worked for most folks. If all of the busts end up going through production, I imagine they will all be on sale in the future.
azurepred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 02:08 AM   #350
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

Yeah the med kit is just an accessory but imo it adds to the detail you might expect in a high end piece like this. And if you wanted you could display it from time to time if you so please. They give you that option and would have been nice to have. It looks to me like they could not make that happen for CH because his med kit is comparably smaller. Yet when he actually deployed it in the movie it was of similar size and arguably greater complexity.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote