Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-23-2017, 03:19 PM   #251
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Ghost Rider, Venom, and Cable are the others that are still selling for well over retail. Most of their other statues can be had for around retail now, but those are sought after statues that most people didn't get a chance to PO for retail price. For popular statues like Cable though, I think even if XM put the full 999 available to PO on their website for anyone worldwide it would sell out in a few minutes and flippers would buy as many as they could with different accounts and flip them for crazy prices anyway. It's so hard to stop that kind of thing.
Lot more than that. Captain America, Black Widow, Iron Man Mk 7, Batman Samurai, and select others. If selling double or triple the original MSRP isn't crazy aftermarket prices...then I don't know what is.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:23 PM   #252
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
Well, let's be honest here though, the tone being thrown around in here was pretty douchey all around...people saying XM (the actual company) are attempting to scam North American buyers? Come on...

I don't object to telling people not to buy stuff at ridiculous prices, or to stay away from bundle sales. I tell people that all the time.

I do object to people (speaking in general terms) claiming that XM themselves are secretly holding back stocks while falsely claiming sell outs on their website in an attempt to get people to buy bundles from these "grey market" sellers.
I don't think XM is trying to manipulate prices, but why do you care if someone has that opinion? You can object but unless you have a financial relashionship with XM you don't know what they do and who cares what people speculate about their business model... do you have a business or financial relationship with XM that gives you insight to their operations or are you speculating like the rest of us based on what we see?? If the latter then why is your opinion more salient than someone else's?
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:26 PM   #253
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
It's hard to talk about XM openly on this forum Rocket. A few strong closed minds, and people sensitive to criticism jump right down your throat without trying to understand the statement made.
LMFAO!!! We got 2 fanboys or 2 insiders doing that right now.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:38 PM   #254
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
I don't think XM is trying to manipulate prices, but why do you care if someone has that opinion? You can object but unless you have a financial relashionship with XM you don't know what they do and who cares what people speculate about their business model... do you have a business or financial relationship with XM that gives you insight to their operations or are you speculating like the rest of us based on what we see?? If the latter then why is your opinion more salient than someone else's?
Whoa, wait a minute...I thought you had all the facts?
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:39 PM   #255
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

I don't think the couple of resellers who sell the most on BST on FB pages get their stock from.authirised dealers..im guessing itts from xm direct..i did go and check out some of their personal pages and two of them are real close to xm with pic of them dining together posted on ther profiles..it's.kinda.irritating to.see.that .and that's why some.like me.question xm ethics
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:44 PM   #256
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Now we're on a similar page. You softened your tone from your first post, which was pretty douchey. if you don't care, why try to quiet opinions hmmmmmmm?

I for one don't care how or who XM uses to distribute. I am simply sharing info to inform folks here so they don't get ripped off. Do you object to that?
Then why don't you state just that aa909? Why go off into the super grand XM sell out, gray market explanation...when what BMutha said...it's speculation...from all sides.

For the record, I appreciate you informing people to be patient and wait for the market on statues to settle down. Don't feed the flipper and aftermarket beasts lots of money when most of the B and C list characters can be bought a little over cost to a little below cost. However, some characters are so popular that you have to jump on it immediately less you can't get it later for a reasonable aftermarket price.

At the end of the day though...and this is my opinion...who the hell cares how many statues are in some gray markets storage? I could give 2 cents about it. There are many middle men with integrity selling XM statues in the aftermarket and not charging up astronomical prices. I have yet to pay any overcharged aftermarket prices from anyone. I have always bought my XM statues for MSRP. I get them all in 1 or 2 days from shipping. It will be the same for Dark Phoenix, Optimus Prime, Predator and anything else I decide to get or help someone get.

I have registered each and every XM statue I have bought and only bothered transferring 2 of those statues I have sold at a later time. From the numbers registered, I have yet to see any registered statue top 90 in the US...and that is only 1 or 2 of the statues made thus far.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:46 PM   #257
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
Whoa, wait a minute...I thought you had all the facts?
LMAO!! Dodged my simple and direct question... so you are an insider....
Old 08-23-2017, 03:46 PM   #258
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
LOL!! Yes we are. But I don't try to shut down the opinions of others like you and some others try to do here
I don't try to shut down your opinions....I try to shut down generalizations posed as facts. Admittedly, I have been guilty of that before.

Hey aa909...didn't we have this conversation before?
Old 08-23-2017, 03:50 PM   #259
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

I have all the facts and i can fart flowers.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:56 PM   #260
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Then why don't you state just that aa909? Why go off into the super grand XM sell out, gray market explanation...when what BMutha said...it's speculation...from all sides.

For the record, I appreciate you informing people to be patient and wait for the market on statues to settle down. Don't feed the flipper and aftermarket beasts lots of money when most of the B and C list characters can be bought a little over cost to a little below cost. However, some characters are so popular that you have to jump on it immediately less you can't get it later for a reasonable aftermarket price.

At the end of the day though...and this is my opinion...who the hell cares how many statues are in some gray markets storage? I could give 2 cents about it. There are many middle men with integrity selling XM statues in the aftermarket and not charging up astronomical prices. I have yet to pay any overcharged aftermarket prices from anyone. I have always bought my XM statues for MSRP. I get them all in 1 or 2 days from shipping. It will be the same for Dark Phoenix, Optimus Prime, Predator and anything else I decide to get or help someone get.

I have registered each and every XM statue I have bought and only bothered transferring 2 of those statues I have sold at a later time. From the numbers registered, I have yet to see any registered statue top 90 in the US...and that is only 1 or 2 of the statues made thus far.
I thought I did brother. Go back and check my posts before the insider tried to shut down our conversation. To simply summarize what I see:

Fact: We have tons of "sold out" XM statues being moved by grey market sellers (BST Groups, warehouse inventory pics, etc)

Discussion/Speculation: Is XM helping supply the grey market, or is it their ADs who can't move their inventory and XM is simply looking the other way.

Why the above upsets folks (other than insiders) is beyond me. I'm a business man and enjoy the discussion on a wide range of business models and I find this fascinating. Maybe this is being interpreted as criticism?