Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-29-2018, 04:53 PM   #61
jodl73
Doh!

If this turns out great in hand, I have the urge to get this and put face to face with the new Wonder Woman PF.
jodl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 05:50 PM   #62
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manboy View Post
Huge pass, and I'm a big Thundercats fan. This will only appeal to people who would just buy any chick statue.
You just named my game!!!

Seriously, I like the piece, sure it's not the original style, but for me, the original style hasn't aged well.

My ONLY gripe, wish, would be that they gave these characters a more cat / human hybrid character design. The original cartoon basically went with humans with funky hair or skin colour (Panthro) - and for sure, that was cool at the time....but in the modern age we can get more "freaky" wit it....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 05:57 PM   #63
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
It wouls have been better if they followed the art closer and used the muted tones. I know how the Liono fans feel now.
Truthfully, this was my first thoughts on seeing the reveal pic.

I try to stay positive on everything, but I was really wanting an updated/realistic-ish Cheetara and I can't shake the strong feeling of disappointment with this reveal.

Hopefully I can offer some constructive criticism in case Sideshow is reading the thread and interested in making tweaks as they move forward.

Although I think Drew Barrymore is beautiful, her likeness doesn't work for this character. Cheetara was always one of the most human-looking of the group, but this one looks TOO human. I wish they brought out more cat-like features. (SSC did a very good job on the Cheetah PF's portrait with mixing human/feline features.)

The paint details are confusing, too. Why are her face and chest so peach when they should be a more white/alabaster tone? The arms could be a darker orange with better defined spots. The sculpt in those areas should be less smooth to imply fur over the current skin implication. (The implied fur was a downside to the Cheetah PF as that looked too much like smooth skin instead of light fur, too.)

This seems to be the design they're working from...

For the most part, I dig it. Just sculpt the fur areas better and make the closer to the original series. I also wish the statue's portrait was closer to this art (something that seems to be an ongoing battle... the Psylocke PF is the most extreme example of this).
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 06:10 PM   #64
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
You just named my game!!!

Seriously, I like the piece, sure it's not the original style, but for me, the original style hasn't aged well.

My ONLY gripe, wish, would be that they gave these characters a more cat / human hybrid character design. The original cartoon basically went with humans with funky hair or skin colour (Panthro) - and for sure, that was cool at the time....but in the modern age we can get more "freaky" wit it....
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 12:38 AM   #65
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Alex - I agree with her looking “too human”. It’s like a girl dressing up at Cheetara for Halloween. Which is probably why I dont like the spots as they seem “fake” and too uniform.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 07:46 AM   #66
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Yeah, I agree. I really like the concept art, but it didn't translate well into 3d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Alex - I agree with her looking “too human”. It’s like a girl dressing up at Cheetara for Halloween. Which is probably why I dont like the spots as they seem “fake” and too uniform.
I am thinking the same things. And these round patches look like a disease.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:16 AM   #67
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Also, why did they steal Wonder Wonan’s choker and put it on Cheetara? It’s getting lazy that SS is slapping chokers on female characters who don’t usually wear them to make a neck seam.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:33 AM   #68
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Who in their right mind could ever think her original style hasn't aged well? What, by adding in odd embroidery and weird line cuts to her clothing it makes her look better?

Take any modern artist who's drawing her in her classic style and she still looks more than perfect, imo *shrugs*

DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:31 AM   #69
iceprince_x
Deadman

Will order this... but waiting for the Iron Studios ThunderCats Diorama
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 10:04 AM   #70
demonhunter
Kingpin

I think in terms of updating the costumes but retaining the classic look worked very well for Sideshow's Masters of The Universe series.

It's given a fresh upgrade, yet it retains the classic allure and iconic look.

For Cheetara, first impression for me is that, the costume upgrade is not what I expected. Having said that, the classic design that was simplistic would have worked just fine for me.

As for the face, I think I need to see more photos and different shots before I can make a better decision as to how much I like it.

Anyhow, Cheetara was always my childhood cartoon crush.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote