I am in, definitely... 37 59.68%
Nope. Won't make this one. 11 17.74%
Don't know yet. Too soon to tell... 14 22.58%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #41
sketch515
Artist
ArtistProducer

hey guys i got a question, crowded wise with attendees whats this one like? is it one of those sdcc type shows?
sketch515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:40 AM   #42
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch515 View Post
hey guys i got a question, crowded wise with attendees whats this one like? is it one of those sdcc type shows?
Saturday and sunday are the most crowded days. I've never been to sdcc,but people who have gone and attended the nycc say the nycc crowd isn't as bad.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #43
dr_teng

NYCC seems more crowded than it should be due to the Javitz center layout/lack of anywhere offsite for people to go to. Not as bad as SDCC but pretty packed.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:13 AM   #44
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

mornings are bad with people waiting on line to get in, near the afternoon end of the day things are fine. Most everyone is in and then no more lines can just walk into the show.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:45 AM   #45
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

I don't stand on lines.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #46
Shandil
U talkin' to me?

I got a few questions maybe someone could please answer.
I may (chances 70% at this point, it depends on my girfriend's contract not being renewed at the newspaper she works at, which is what supposedly will happen) be going to New York in October (around 7-24, although will probably also visit Miami or somewhere else).
Flight prices aren't SO bad, but accomodation so far is really high. Is it high season in NY that month? Was in NY three years ago, and the same hostel is like 50% more expensive. Have found two hotels (well hostels i gues for the price) for about 100$ a night for the room, but was a bit shocked as prices seem much higher than in our previous August visit.
Second doubt is, as I'm going with my girlfriend and she's not into comics at all, I'll probably only be able to be at the con for one day, and without standing in a crazy line since 4 a.m. or something like that.

Would you really advise me to go to the con at all (sketchwise) or would it be a waste of time (sketchwise, i guess for the ambiance and so it'll definitely be worth going). I gues i'd be going on Friday with the hope that it's less crowded and i can get some sketch.
Thanks!
Shandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #47
dagouch17
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Hey tony,

Nothing like SDCC. Artist Alley was split off from the other half of the convention.

Friday getting in and getting on sketchlists were realtive easy compared to SDCC. Now if you have to go the Marvel and DC booth for example that was a pain in the ass.

what Day do you get in? I fly in to Laguardia at 1pm and will check in the Millennum in times square. Maybe Lunch and then head over to the con before 4pm that thursday.

Mike
dagouch17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:37 PM   #48
dagouch17
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Shandil, Depending on where you stay in Manhattan it will be expensive. I used the con website last year and paid about $250 a night near central park for a 3 star hotel. This time I used priceline and got a hotel in times square for $190 a night for a 4 star hotel.

If that is too much you could stay in Jersey City NJ. Hotels are much cheaper there and then take the Path train into the city. Not as convienent but it will get the job done.

I've done very well at NYCC for commissions and sketches. so I would go for it.
dagouch17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #49
High Lord Apocalypse
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

anyone know if gab dell'otto is coming to NYCC?
High Lord Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:03 AM   #50
sketch515
Artist
ArtistProducer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagouch17 View Post
Hey tony,

Nothing like SDCC. Artist Alley was split off from the other half of the convention.

Friday getting in and getting on sketchlists were realtive easy compared to SDCC. Now if you have to go the Marvel and DC booth for example that was a pain in the ass.

what Day do you get in? I fly in to Laguardia at 1pm and will check in the Millennum in times square. Maybe Lunch and then head over to the con before 4pm that thursday.

Mike
cool, i think i will be flying in on wednesday sometime.
sketch515 is offline   Reply With Quote