Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-06-2016, 03:51 AM   #131
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Let's not derail this thread guys.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:54 AM   #132
krec99
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
My guess was that it was an original creation. A primitive man I suppose.

any street fighter fan should know this is Ken look at the pose he’s doing the shoryuken.
krec99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:10 AM   #133
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by krec99 View Post
any street fighter fan should know this is Ken look at the pose he’s doing the shoryuken.
Well clearly you're not a SF fan then because that's not a shoryuken pose. This figure is hanging of a tree branch that has a snake wrapped around it. Anyone with a good eye would have noticed that in the latest Chun Li pic that was posted on PCS's Instagram page.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:45 AM   #134
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

It takes a Real SF fan approximately two seconds to realize that is NOT a SRK pose.

Head looking the wrong way. Incorrect arm extended.

It only comes close if it were Dan. It nearly matches his posture.

No dice.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:46 AM   #135
SuperJ300
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas View Post
It's Mortal Kombat!!!!!

Lol
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:58 PM   #136
Drakull
Sailor Moon

Can't remove my eyes of these Chun first pics

Jerry too bad you don't sculpt more girls first cammy is still one of my favorite
Drakull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:32 PM   #137
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
Well clearly you're not a SF fan then because that's not a shoryuken pose. This figure is hanging of a tree branch that has a snake wrapped around it. Anyone with a good eye would have noticed that in the latest Chun Li pic that was posted on PCS's Instagram page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
It takes a Real SF fan approximately two seconds to realize that is NOT a SRK pose.

Head looking the wrong way. Incorrect arm extended.

It only comes close if it were Dan. It nearly matches his posture.

No dice.
C'mon guys. A little harsh, no?

Maybe he was a little overzealous in proclaiming that it "IS" Ken, meanwhile I said it looks like Ken, but we're all just spitballing at first.

I agree it's not Ken. Yes, that other photo appears to show the sketch the statue is based on. Others may not have seen it though. That's additional information.

As for not looking like a shoryuken, I would disagree. This is an early work. That head position doesn't need to be final. And Ken uses his left fist when facing left. The statue could have been using a "southpaw" stance everyone asks about, but wouldn't have to end up being displayed with his back to the viewer.

At any rate, as I said, I don't think it's Ken either, but mainly (at first) because any energy or flame effect resin (and this whole hypothetical "Ken" statue) would probably be rendered, and not hand-sculpted.

EDIT: Just reread "any street fighter fan should know"...and I guess that's a little harsh too.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:42 PM   #138
Battletroll
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
And I am filming it.
Talk about filming, is that reality show you mentioned still in the works? Might this video be a prelude?
Battletroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:42 PM   #139
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
C'mon guys. A little harsh, no?

Maybe he was a little overzealous in proclaiming that it "IS" Ken, meanwhile I said it looks like Ken, but we're all just spitballing at first.

I agree it's not Ken. Yes, that other photo appears to show the sketch the statue is based on. Others may not have seen it though. That's additional information.

As for not looking like a shoryuken, I would disagree. This is an early work. That head position doesn't need to be final. And Ken uses his left fist when facing left. The statue could have been using a "southpaw" stance everyone asks about, but wouldn't have to end up being displayed with his back to the viewer.

At any rate, as I said, I don't think it's Ken either, but mainly (at first) because any energy or flame effect resin (and this whole hypothetical "Ken" statue) would probably be rendered, and not hand-sculpted.

EDIT: Just reread "any street fighter fan should know"...and I guess that's a little harsh too.

This ^ is the only reason I responded the way I did. But you're right, I probably didn't need to roast him. "Two wrongs don't make a right", right?

Thanks Zen
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:43 PM   #140
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battletroll View Post
Talk about filming, is that reality show you mentioned still in the works? Might this video be a prelude?
We are told we will know for sure in the next few weeks.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote