Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-01-2018, 12:49 PM   #1011
built2shred
Phoenix

I wish I had the room to display these 1:3 Hush statues but my tallest shelves are only 31"
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 12:52 PM   #1012
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

They should have left Batman alone. Seeing him out of scale makes me sorta lose interest in the line, unless I just skip him and get Ivy and Catwoman by themselves.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 01:24 PM   #1013
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Looks great to me and can’t wait to see Catwoman. I hope they don’t make any other changes to Batman. 100% fine as-is.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 01:32 PM   #1014
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I guess they're not horrible in this pic which is a little chop-shop version of the pic from the live show. Still not ideal (to me) but maybe just takes a bit of getting used to.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:21 PM   #1015
nearmint
Phoenix

Susan looks out of scale in that pic. Not that I have room for 1:1 scale, anyway.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 04:28 PM   #1016
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Doesn't look out of scale to me.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 04:41 PM   #1017
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

If you just look at the heads alone, the size diffference is quite obvious, even taking into account the difference in how they were drawn in the comics.

If I'm remembering correctly, Prime 1 not only adjusted the positioning of the body. But they also enlarged the size of the head (like they did with Supes). I guess collectors had mentioned previously that the head was too small for that body? If that's the case maybe the original prototype's headsculpt of Bats was more inline with the women before it was enlarged.

I could be wrong, but maybe instead of enlarging heads, they should've done the harder thing and decreased the size of the bodies themselves. But I guess people also didn't like that Bats physical height was so short either, so......
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 05:30 PM   #1018
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I really think it looks totally find either way, and at the end of the day I think there is a lot of hand wringing over time for the sake of hand wringing and considering the loooooooooooooong wait there tends to be for statues, I think sometimes "problems" are found that aren't really problems and are just things to talk about for the sake of never-ending conversation. Honestly if these things had like a few weeks time from reveal to shipment, a lot of this stuff would be nowhere near as harped on as it is in a time where normally have YEARS from reveal to shipment.

Anyway.....like I said to me it looks fine. And I'll have no issue at all displaying this next to Superman and Catwoman. And that picture a few up, I see no issues at all. They don't appear out of scale to me. At least nowhere near enough to make something out of it.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 05:47 PM   #1019
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I really think it looks totally find either way, and at the end of the day I think there is a lot of hand wringing over time for the sake of hand wringing and considering the loooooooooooooong wait there tends to be for statues, I think sometimes "problems" are found that aren't really problems and are just things to talk about for the sake of never-ending conversation. Honestly if these things had like a few weeks time from reveal to shipment, a lot of this stuff would be nowhere near as harped on as it is in a time where normally have YEARS from reveal to shipment.

Anyway.....like I said to me it looks fine. And I'll have no issue at all displaying this next to Superman and Catwoman. And that picture a few up, I see no issues at all. They don't appear out of scale to me. At least nowhere near enough to make something out of it.
That's more or less the popular opinion here, in that the scale is fine as is.

It's just that when I first saw it on the live show, my first thought was that the scale was off when seeing them side by side like that for the first time.

It's probably just because I primarily collect movie related pieces, that I might be (unrealisticly) expecting more realistic proportions between characters; which isn't really a concern for characters coming directly from the comic page.

That said I can't wait to get that Ivy in hand. I think she looks spectacular.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 08:29 PM   #1020
SONICobra
Batman

They all looked good together at wonderfest imo
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote