Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-27-2016, 09:48 AM   #41
clutch
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
Its a shame will have liked a smaller death dealer scale.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ref=nav_search
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:11 AM   #42
goto
Mephisto

Please another DD1 in 1/4 !
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:03 PM   #43
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Destroyer in a small scale please!
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:08 PM   #44
akitadad
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
The way I understand it is every sibling has rights to the paintings that they got so no other sibling can grant rights to that painting. However, this is NOT true of 12 of the most iconic. All of the siblings have joint and individual rights on those.

I don't know all of them but for sure these:

DD on a horse, Barbarian, Dark Kingdom, Cat Woman, Silver Warrior, Egyptian Queen, I'm not sure of the rest.

Even though Heidi has DD on a Horse, any of the siblings can merchandise off it. Holly I know has Dark Kingdom and Egyptian Queen, I saw them in person in Austin last year when she and Robert Rodriquez temporarily displayed them. Junior has Silver Warrior and Cat Woman.

On the other hand Jr has Atlantis and no other sibling could produce that one without his permission since he has rights to that and it isn't one of the 12 agreed joint rights.

At least that is my understanding but I am certainly not in the inner circle or anything.
I wonder who has the "Destroyer".and is that one of the twelve you mentioned.
akitadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:35 PM   #45
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitadad View Post
I know for sure that ARH was authorized to do Destroyer and Warrior from Frank Jr. so they may be part of the twelve. ARH was planning on doing both in 1/6 scale which would still be monstrous considering all the elements of the paintings. I really hope Chronicle can get these done in 1/7 or 1/8 as they would be epic dios. I've been waiting for a Destroyer and Warrior dio forever and each time it looks like one is on the brink of getting done it has never come to fruition. A total disappointment for me.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:16 PM   #46
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Please no 1/4 scale. 1/4 is way too big. The only reason I did not get the ARH statues is that they are too large and tough to display. Smaller statues are you aside to display and collect.

And please do some Conan pieces.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:07 PM   #47
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
Please no 1/4 scale. 1/4 is way too big. The only reason I did not get the ARH statues is that they are too large and tough to display. Smaller statues are you aside to display and collect.

And please do some Conan pieces.
I like the larger stuff, would be nice to see both. One epic large piece looks better to me than 4-5 smaller pieces.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:57 PM   #48
qz33
Doctor Doom

I still want the pices to be large but smaller in scale for 2 reasons:
I want some environmental acoutrements
smaller scales work better in abstract.
A lot of Frazetta isn't sharply defined. When bringing that to the real world it doesn't work in huge scales.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:17 PM   #49
SAB380
The X-Men

1/4 scale please !

IMO Only time it should be smaller is for the massive pieces like when you have to fit in 4 polar bears and a chariot
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:10 PM   #50
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitadad View Post
I'm not sure. I think that painting was sold while Frank Sr was still alive and I know Conqueror (a/k/a Bezerker) was. I always wondered if you get the painting would you then have merchandising rights but either that is not the case generally or they (Frazettas) put it in their sale that they would keep the merchandising rights which I'm sure would be fine with Kurt Hemmit anyway.

As Wolfbrother mentioned, Destroyer was being considered by ARH at one time so I think it can be done. I also know that when C S Moore had the Frazetta license he was going to do 4 statues of which Destroyer was one and he went with Conqueror first which I thought at the time was a huge mistake. That is among the worst paintings to try to transfer to 3D Horse is in odd contortion and in mid air, really weird facial expression, without the surronding warriors to give context it just didn't look great as a statue.

When Moore had trouble selling the Conqueror they opted not to do the others, sadly. CS Moore did fantastic on the 1/7 Barbarian and Conqueror and 1/6 Mars Maid IMO and would have done a great Destroyer. I have high hopes for Chronicle as well.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote