Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-31-2024, 01:17 AM   #341
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post

Awesome display, moducase I assume without the doors in?

It's a tough pill for sure. I don't think we will ever see a better Noir, if another ever, though. I was fortunate to have $450 in gift cards towards it.
I agree. This is going to be the only licensed Noir for a very long time, if not the only one ever made.

And thanks. Those are all moduspace yeah. Surprisingly they don't have doors. They have plexiglass front panels. It's a bit deceiving from photos but you just peel them away from the magnets and lift off. They're very secure. Just a pain to clean.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 11:49 AM   #342
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
I agree. This is going to be the only licensed Noir for a very long time, if not the only one ever made.

And thanks. Those are all moduspace yeah. Surprisingly they don't have doors. They have plexiglass front panels. It's a bit deceiving from photos but you just peel them away from the magnets and lift off. They're very secure. Just a pain to clean.
No doubt and it is an excellent piece, just not a version that I have to have. If the buy in were less it would be an easy impulse purchase but at these prices I have to really need/want it in my collection, not just like it a whole bunch. Makes it tough when you see such well made pieces to stand on the sidelines.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 09:55 PM   #343
azurepred
Zot

Kudos to SS for getting me a replacement head within 24hrs without any fuss. Unfortunately, it has a few small flaws as well, but nothing major. Does anyone know if there is a full head under his hat? That could be a cool custom project if so.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 10:21 PM   #344
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Kudos to SS for getting me a replacement head within 24hrs without any fuss. Unfortunately, it has a few small flaws as well, but nothing major. Does anyone know if there is a full head under his hat? That could be a cool custom project if so.
Glad you got your replacement. It's a great piece!

I wouldn't tear off the hat personally. The way these parts are assembled, it's probably got some kind of a key on top of the head that lets them evenly glue it to the hat. Most of the parts on top of parts are specifically designed to have uniform production batches because it's too difficult to mass produce without it.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 12:05 AM   #345
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
Glad you got your replacement. It's a great piece!

I wouldn't tear off the hat personally. The way these parts are assembled, it's probably got some kind of a key on top of the head that lets them evenly glue it to the hat. Most of the parts on top of parts are specifically designed to have uniform production batches because it's too difficult to mass produce without it.
Thanks. SS CS has always been top notch for me over the years. I have 2 heads now, though. The damaged and the replacement. I would also guess you're probably right, so if if I were to try and make a custom hatless head, I'd probably need someone to sculpt the rest of his head. I'll have to hope someone needs to break one or attempt to customize it themselves to see what is really under there before I send it off for someone to do.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote