Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-26-2023, 01:58 PM   #11
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I find this to be a timely release given people are freaking the F out about her, Destiny, and Nightcrawler.
You're correct but also that story beat is such a big eye roll. To me its just more of a "but why?" but it doesn't ruin my day. My main issue is that the big 2 see to be in a creative rut with a few flashes of brilliance for the last 20 years. I won't rant anymore..lol
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 02:04 PM   #12
Mister H
Gen 13

Wonder if she’ll have another suppressor on a revolver? Maybe laser sights on a flame thrower?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 02:04 PM   #13
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Probably would have titled it 2024

I like the portrait image.
I tried.

Can someone light a signal for the mods?
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 02:06 PM   #14
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

well........

first impression is that the portrait in the picture reminds me of Zoe Saldana.

first overall reaction is....ugh. another rehash/revisit.

first thoughts are slightly hopeful as:
-I see a Fred Dukes tease....so maybe a Blob on the horizon?
-I see an Irene Adler tease......so maybe a Destiny on the horizon?

I am not understanding why peeps like Kitty, Prof X, Pyro, Avalanche, Polaris, Havok, Banshee, Jubilee, Dazzler, Bishop, etc., etc. etc. have yet to be visited... but oh well. Tis why I have gone the route of custom pieces for some of these characters but oh well.

A new Mystique could be cool as I missed out on the last one and was never IN LOVE with it. I prefer longer hair to shorter hair (IE: XM version) but of course prefer a more appropriately scaled 1/4 scale piece. Also I DID like the smaller footprint base on Mystique and did like that she had a switch out arm showcasing her transformative powers.

I did not love the portrait and still to this day feel like she has been over priced for what she was. Even on the secondary market. I still feel that she is not priced for what she was.

But we all can probably assume that this new one will be in the 700. plus range, so now I think what may happen is that peeps on the secondary market will stop dropping their prices on her if they truly wish to sell their most recent one.

Just my opinion.

I am though looking forward to seeing what she will look like when done. Hoping she will be awesome enough to use RPs and try to knock down what i can already see as being clearly over 700. plus-worth the price....or do I just try to grab the previous one at a more reasonable price and enjoy the small footprint on her to get her to fit in the shelves better.

decisions, decisions, decisions.....

LOL!

Oh, and hopefully SS will handle her the way they did Psylocke. INCLUDE all attachments and switch outs for one price. That would make sense to me.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 02:08 PM   #15
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Wonder if it?ll have a force perspective base like they did for the Psylocke revisit.
You should be banned.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 02:22 PM   #16
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I'm happy with this cause I didn't like the previous PF.
Previous was definitely a bust for me too. I have the XM Mystique though so I'm bummed it's not Jubilee, Dazzler, etc. I doubt we'll ever see anything other than repeats of X-Men at this point. It's getting a bit old
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 02:49 PM   #17
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Wonder if she?ll have another suppressor on a revolver? Maybe laser sights on a flame thrower?
i literally laughed out loud, well played sir
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 02:58 PM   #18
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I posted this in the other thread, so here is a copy/paste because I'm as lazy as the Sideshow Project Department...

At least with Mystique they don't have to put any thought on what costume to have her wear. I bet this version is the classic white dress without the keyhole and will have skulls all around the belt. No thigh holster. I picture the AH Maquette with less cheesecake pose and that super dark blue skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Wonder if she?ll have another suppressor on a revolver? Maybe laser sights on a flame thrower?
Post of the day.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 03:07 PM   #19
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

At least with Mystique they don't have to put any thought on what costume to have her wear. I bet this version is the classic white dress without the keyhole and will have skulls all around the belt. No thigh holster. I picture the AH Maquette with less cheesecake pose and that super dark blue skin.
This is exactly what would get me to own a second Mystique statue.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 03:11 PM   #20
Demona
Martian Manhunter

This would be the only thing to tempt me to buy a Mystique piece. I have no Marvel baddies, she would really be one of a few I'd consider but it's gotta be comic accurate. The previous one didn't do it for me since it was too stylized - all the way down to the moronic guns.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote