Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 07-03-2006, 01:42 PM   #11
Gianco
X-Force

German player Frings got disqualified for one match, consequence of the post-game fight with argentinian players.
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:17 AM   #12
Justin
Jedi Order

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
Hey I understand your sad that Australia have gone out but overall it was to the better team. It was a fantastic achievement to get there in the first place and you'es played very well in places. You cannot blame the guy for diving, your men would have done the same if given the chance.

It my personal view that if Ireland were in the same position (which we were in Italia 90) only in the 1/4 final stage, that it would be better if the team that beat us went on to win it then you could say that only the World Champions have beaten us.

I agree they are a better side Bulls but I don't think they really beat us, sure the score line reads 1-0 but close to every person on here has stated that was not a fitting result. If they had simply outplayed us then I would be happy for them to go on and win and I would be hoping they do well but that simply isn't the case.

Also if Australia had scored a win like that I would be disappointed. If winning by cheating or deceit is acceptable in this sport this may be the end of the road for me, It's not the way I ever conduct myself in life and I simply wont watch a game were it's just the done thing.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:49 AM   #13
metalsquid
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
Hey I understand your sad that Australia have gone out but overall it was to the better team. It was a fantastic achievement to get there in the first place and you'es played very well in places. You cannot blame the guy for diving, your men would have done the same if given the chance.
you keep pointing that out bulls and yes, maybe any other player would have done that. but the thing is the Italians do it EVERY CHANCE they get which is what's so annoying. every bloody challenge, down they go. Del Piero even forgot to go down after a challenge in that game. he kept running for a while but suddenly remembered and pretended he got tripped up. it's disgusting. sorry if this offends any Italians here but i call it like i see it and i know i'm not alone in my view.
metalsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:45 AM   #14
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

I'm rooting for Portugal.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:43 AM   #15
Gianco
X-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
I'm rooting for Portugal.
Bastardo! J/K
Old 07-04-2006, 11:50 AM   #16
Gianco
X-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
I agree they are a better side Bulls but I don't think they really beat us, sure the score line reads 1-0 but close to every person on here has stated that was not a fitting result. If they had simply outplayed us then I would be happy for them to go on and win and I would be hoping they do well but that simply isn't the case.

Also if Australia had scored a win like that I would be disappointed. If winning by cheating or deceit is acceptable in this sport this may be the end of the road for me, It's not the way I ever conduct myself in life and I simply wont watch a game were it's just the done thing.
In fact Italy outplayed Australia the first half. The second half, well, that's another story.....
Old 07-04-2006, 02:05 PM   #17
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

So who is going to win tonight? Germany or Italy?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:32 PM   #18
Shangrilien
Doh!

I think Italy is going to win but I hope Germany will go to the Final.
Shangrilien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:02 PM   #19
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

The World Cup was over for me once Mexico was eliminated, but since my home away from home is on foreign soil, I'll have to go with the home team Portugal to win it all. They are going crazy for their team over here.
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:23 PM   #20
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianco Fett
In fact Italy outplayed Australia the first half. The second half, well, that's another story.....

I don't believe you did out play us in the first half so we will just have to agree to disagree.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote