Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-13-2018, 01:44 PM   #2791
Emperor
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
You can see it here, Sorry about pic size. If I didn't love this statue it wouldn't bother me as much. It's my own fault I'm an idiot. It was half way in but I had to use too much force to get it out.

I did the same exact thing to mine. Same exact spot and same exact size chip. I just used some gorilla glue on it and it fit right back in place fine. It's barely noticeable.
Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:44 PM   #2792
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
I did the same exact thing to mine. Same exact spot and same exact size chip. I just used some gorilla glue on it and it fit right back in place fine. It's barely noticeable.
^^^^This! Clean breaks like this are super easy fix. Especially in a spot that’s not very noticeable.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:46 PM   #2793
SONICobra
Batman

especially the location of that particular chip, on a battle damaged sentinel hand no less lol
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:56 PM   #2794
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

So sideshow just sent me email stating I had to destroy my entire statue takes detailed pics of it. Send them photos with proper code they attached I get replacement sent. Is this correct protocol?
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:59 PM   #2795
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Which is exactly why I didn't wait...I'm not sure what the "warranty" is on these things, but I'd get it out of the way before SS tells people they waited too long.

^Did you try pushing it down firmly? Mine wobbles a bit if you I just set it on there.
Yeah, I pressed on the top of foot with my thumb very hard to give it a final shove in and lock it.

I just tried to disassemble it now and -no go.
I can get the right foot up about 1/8" and that's it. It's stuck and won't pull up farther.

The way the figure is orientated makes it more difficult than if it were just a straight up vertical museum pose. When you are focused on the right foot, when you finally jerk it out (if you can) the left foot is in a good position to chip or get chipped by the base. You really need both hands to work the right foot out.

I waited 10 days to unbox it, so my window is already shorter off the bat.

I'll probably try to box it back up next Sunday whether the incoming piece is on it's way or not.

If it wasn't for that, I'd love to keep this up for several months.

I will need to build a riser for it though, as it's too small on the 22" x 24" cabinet top I have it on right now.
A 4" tall, 12"x12" riser should work well to pyramid it so it doesn't look swallowed up.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:12 PM   #2796
tonytiger
The X-Men

What the heck sideshow why are these so tight? you don't check to see if they fit either? Also on side note, this statue feels like a 1/5 scale?
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:14 PM   #2797
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
So sideshow just sent me email stating I had to destroy my entire statue takes detailed pics of it. Send them photos with proper code they attached I get replacement sent. Is this correct protocol?
yes..
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #2798
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
Cheers mate, I went and picked up some glue the chip looks fixable, now just need to get the peg in.

I've honestly never mauled a statue as much as this. Usually set up. In display. Don't touch.

I honestly feel like taking a hammer to it
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:18 PM   #2799
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

He’s in scale . In comics he’s tiny at 5’3 so totally in scale I like that he’s small he’s supposed to be . He did have knickname “ runt” for a reason. As for pegs this is going to be an issue guaranteed
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:31 PM   #2800
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
As for pegs this is going to be an issue guaranteed
And what a stupid bloody issue. Trying to push in the peg while trying to prevent the left leg scratching the base. For god sake a bit of padding under the left foot wouldn't have hurt.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote