Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-20-2018, 02:52 PM   #1
Augen
The Hulk

Stargirl starring Brec Bassinger coming to DC Universe

Brec Bassinger, best known for her roles in All Night and School of Rock, will play the role of Courtney Whitmore/Stargirl in the upcoming Stargirl series on the DC Universe streaming app.

Created by Geoff Johns and Lee Moder and inspired by Johns's late sister, Courtney Whitmore is a superheroine who found her way into one of the DC Universe's most storied legacies.

“There is no other character in comic books more special to me than Stargirl, and after searching far and wide I can say there is no other actor on the planet that embodies her more than Brec Bassinger,” said executive producer/writer Geoff Johns. “Brec’s warmth, strength, humor and positive energy are core to who Courtney Whitmore is. I’m so grateful she’s signed on for the role.”

Her stepfather, Pat Dugan, was the original Stripesy, the partner to a superhero in the '40s known as the Star-Spangled Kid. When Courtney first took on the role of Star-Spangled Kid, he got into a giant suit of armor and designated himself S.T.R.I.P.E. to keep her safe on missions.

Later, after inheriting the cosmic staff of Starman Jack Knight, she started calling herself Stargirl and worked primarily with the Justice Society. She's also worked with the Justice League, the Suicide Squad, and Young Justice.

Courtney has made two previous live-action appearances: she was played by Britt Irvin on Smallville and Power Rangers veteran Sarah Grey on DC's Legends of Tomorrow. Neither of those shows is in continuity with the forthcoming Stargirl series.

---------------------

This is the show I'm most excited on DCU along with the recently announced Batgirl show. Be fun if Irvin and Grey get cameos with Bassinger, I like those sort of nods.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:57 PM   #2
Gothamite
Phoenix

Cool, she actually looks the part.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:58 PM   #3
built2shred
Phoenix

I just hope these shows on DC's streaming service are way better then CW's DC Shows which started out strong but have tanked big time..

To be honest I almost prefer if Geoff Johns wasn't involved in any of these series, he's had a bad record...The episodes he did for Smallville were really bad... not to mention he was involved in the Justice League movie.. He's better at comic books then live action.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:58 PM   #4
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

One of my favorite characters....I hope it is good.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:05 PM   #5
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
To be honest I almost prefer if Geoff Johns wasn't involved in any of these series, he's had a bad record...The episodes he did for Smallville were really bad... not to mention he was involved in the Justice League movie.. He's better at comic books then live action.
I agree, but this character was inspired by his sister. Maybe he'll rise to the occasion.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:44 AM   #6
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

She was such unruly brat in JSA when she was star splangged kid as far as i read which is Goyer&Robinson written parts for now, and they were okish...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:29 AM   #7
Gothamite
Phoenix

Wow, this show will air on CW the day after it appears on the DC Universe. CW also gets to keep it on its website and app.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:56 AM   #8
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Wow, this show will air on CW the day after it appears on the DC Universe. CW also gets to keep it on its website and app.
It makes me wonder if DC is getting the streaming numbers they need to keep the service going...

If it's going to be on CW it should have a lot less cursing and violence compared to other DC streaming shows...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:53 AM   #9
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
It makes me wonder if DC is getting the streaming numbers they need to keep the service going...

If it's going to be on CW it should have a lot less cursing and violence compared to other DC streaming shows...
It blows my mind that Warner would basically give people a reason NOT to sign up for DC Universe. The show will be available for free, with an entire season available online after every episode has aired and while the show is on hiatus until the next season.

My only guess is that AT&T is trying to make CW so dependent on Warner for programming that Viacom backs out of their joint-ownership arrangement.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:18 AM   #10
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
What??

One of the main reasons I signed up for DCU was this show. I wonder how long the service will continue.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote