Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-31-2020, 11:51 AM   #61
actionjackson83
Midnighter

the pose is terrible especially for big bang attack. That back leg bend throws the whole thing off for me. Body is too thick also, I never liked the super vegeta look.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 01:39 PM   #62
Ikki
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
the pose is terrible especially for big bang attack. That back leg bend throws the whole thing off for me. Body is too thick also, I never liked the super vegeta look.
Really? It's taken directly from the anime when Vegeta used Big Bang Attack for the first time. I actually think using this specific pose is a really cool way to make the statue dynamic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 1.26.26 PM.png
Views:	18
Size:	334.8 KB
ID:	132268  
Ikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 05:04 PM   #63
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

The body sculpt, even for Super Vegeta, isn't good...it's the worst aspect of the statue.

$1350 is still crazy for a 1/4 anime statue. But I've seen so many people saying they're getting it or saying that it's perfect...but then there not much choice out there i guess in 1/4.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:20 PM   #64
Ikki
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
The body sculpt, even for Super Vegeta, isn't good...it's the worst aspect of the statue.

$1350 is still crazy for a 1/4 anime statue. But I've seen so many people saying they're getting it or saying that it's perfect...but then there not much choice out there i guess in 1/4.
I guess different people just like different aesthetics sometimes. Personally, I really like the body. I think it's dynamic and reflective of the scene in the anime where he first uses the attack. The body sizes have also been so inconsistent in DBZ (comparing Scouter-era Vegeta in his original appearance with such a tiny neck to the way Scouter Vegeta is typically animated now in video games and stuff) that I like them going with such a jacked design for him. I totally understand if it doesn't fit some other peoples' preferences for Vegeta, but I personally way prefer it to the Tsume statue, which has always struck me as a bit boring.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:52 PM   #65
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

The body type is really not reflective of the scene, it's much more reflective of super Vegeta from Cell...Vegeta is pretty lean over the entire series, the only time he's this bulky is against Cell and even then i don't think it's a great sculpt if that's what they we're going for...

But everyone has their own ideas of whats good and bad when it comes to Anime statues...and DBZ especially is very divisive...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:52 PM   #66
Ikki
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
The body type is really not reflective of the scene, it's much more reflective of super Vegeta from Cell...Vegeta is pretty lean over the entire series, the only time he's this bulky is against Cell and even then i don't think it's a great sculpt if that's what they we're going for...

But everyone has their own ideas of whats good and bad when it comes to Anime statues...and DBZ especially is very divisive...
My point RE: body type is that Vegeta's bulkiness changes a lot throughout the series, and the decision to go with a bulky look doesn't strike me as particularly out of line. People are acting like he's Nappa-level bulky here and he's not. Regardless of whether or not the body is modeled after Super Vegeta, it falls within the realm of what I'd consider acceptable for him.

The pose itself is definitely inspired by the 19 fight, although tbh, I don't mind them mixing and matching a bit from fights and forms to make a dynamic statue. Megahouse figures in general tend to take some artistic license, and I generally like their work. But yeah man, this is clearly a divisive one. I guess we'll see how it sold when they announce the edition size.
Old 08-18-2020, 01:05 PM   #67
Zolos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I am very impressed. I think it's good that he's so bulky. Matter of preference. But the shape of his body is very accurate. His suit is perfect. And the architecture at the base resembles his suit and the architecture that mostly surrounds Vegeta in DBZ. The heads are all good. I like the two with the crazy faces the most. The fighting pose is heavily inspired by Vegeta's attack in DBZ, but I think it is much cooler. So I see it as a good (fighting) pose. But I don't like fighting poses that much in general. The colors and the sculpt seem to be very good.
Zolos is offline   Reply With Quote