Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 07-28-2005, 02:08 PM   #21
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confessor
But tying so many of the DC superheroes to Kryptonite seems darn right silly. I MUCH prefer the DC heroes have their own special origins. The way this program does it, it's like it's some mutation or something...silly...And if a planet blew up light years away, how SO MUCH of it end up on earth, having traveled at essentially the same speed as Clark, seeing that they arrived on earth together....too much suspension of disbelief for me.
None of the characters that have come from the kryptonite poisoning or enhancement have been mainstream DC characters ... or any recognizeable character for that matter (hero or villian)

The Kryptonite followed and got sucked into the the warp field created by Kal-el's space ship, that was somthing that was discussed in the books decades ago, you can't blame the show for that, that's something that was a part of the mythos LONG before the show wa created.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 03:30 PM   #22
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

And there really isn't any sex or hooking up in this show either. Maybe an X-Files crossed with Everwood? That's a little more softer then most "teeny bopper" shows.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 05:16 PM   #23
J Storm
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco
Man, when you bring in Aquaman is when you know it's really hard to bring in any other character into the show. They wanted to bring in Batman but because of rights issues, they couldn't. The only reason they are bringing in Aquaman is because nobody really knows about Martian Manhunter, LOL!!
So, I guess a cameo by Princess Diana is out of the question?
J Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 06:51 PM   #24
Confessor
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321
None of the characters that have come from the kryptonite poisoning or enhancement have been mainstream DC characters ... or any recognizeable character for that matter (hero or villian)

The Kryptonite followed and got sucked into the the warp field created by Kal-el's space ship, that was somthing that was discussed in the books decades ago, you can't blame the show for that, that's something that was a part of the mythos LONG before the show wa created.
Ooh, good one. I did not know this, and now I do. Thanks for the info. One less problem with Smallville...one down, 47 to go.....
Confessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 09:57 PM   #25
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confessor
Ooh, good one. I did not know this, and now I do. Thanks for the info. One less problem with Smallville...one down, 47 to go.....
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote