Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 11-25-2015, 11:12 AM   #511
Quilon
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

sold out on spec fiction, guess I will just have to keep my pre order from BBTS
Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:14 AM   #512
Magikman
Frackin!
Adamantium Plus Member

You guys ever compare shipping between A10 and SpecFiction? Just for grinns I put the Black Panther preorder in my cart at both sites and calculated shipping. A10 was $15.74 for Ups home delivery while SpecFiction was over $38! So imo even though you have to pay up front with A10 it looks like it's a better price overall. $8 cheaper on the item and $23 less on shipping. BBTS has good shipping rates as well but their price is about $30 higher than A10. All my experience so far has been with Bowen, Sideshow and a bit with Koto so in this area I'm a bit of a newbie. Thoughts?
Magikman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:55 PM   #513
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magikman View Post
You guys ever compare shipping between A10 and SpecFiction? Just for grinns I put the Black Panther preorder in my cart at both sites and calculated shipping. A10 was $15.74 for Ups home delivery while SpecFiction was over $38! So imo even though you have to pay up front with A10 it looks like it's a better price overall. $8 cheaper on the item and $23 less on shipping. BBTS has good shipping rates as well but their price is about $30 higher than A10. All my experience so far has been with Bowen, Sideshow and a bit with Koto so in this area I'm a bit of a newbie. Thoughts?
Well, the freight also goes according to the destination. A10 main headquarters are located in Florida so shipping cost from their warehouse has always been lower for me (Technically, I am only hours away). In any case, I have done business with them in several occasions and they are a great company with good customer service.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 03:03 AM   #514
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilon View Post
sold out on spec fiction, guess I will just have to keep my pre order from BBTS
I put a few more back in stock.
Old 11-26-2015, 03:03 AM   #515
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magikman View Post
Where are you located?
Old 11-26-2015, 03:10 AM   #516
HeromanPunch
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
I put a few more back in stock.
185 or typo?
HeromanPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 06:02 AM   #517
slickrick
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeromanPunch View Post
185 or typo?
I was about to ask the same thing? It's listed for $185
slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 11:12 AM   #518
spriggan
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
Well, the freight also goes according to the destination. A10 main headquarters are located in Florida so shipping cost from their warehouse has always been lower for me (Technically, I am only hours away). In any case, I have done business with them in several occasions and they are a great company with good customer service.
That is true. Since I live in Canada, shipping from BBTS is cheaper than A10. The total cost including shipping for BBTS and A10 are about the same for me. I have never bought anything from A10, but for BBTS I have never have any problem with the custom or pay the custom fee.
spriggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 08:22 PM   #519
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Just got mine a few hours ago!!! I'll post pics when I get a chance tonight!
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 12:40 AM   #520
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

So IMO, the paint has it's good and bad. All in all, it's a good statue. I'm happy with it, but again it could be better with a better paint app. As far as quality and paint apps, I would put this one somewhere in the middle of the pack of the DRS statues. Better than Cyclops, Psylocke and brown Wolvie, but not as good as Gambit, Colossus, Magneto and Juggs.

The good is the jacket, Sentinel hand and the green/yellow costume.

- The jacket looks great! Very similar to Gambit's paint app on his coat.

- The costume was good, not great, but no complaints.

- Sentinel hand is the best painted of ALL the DRS pieces. It is very clean and has that nice robotic metal sheen to it.

The bad is the hair, costume and face paint.

- The brown area of the hair was done well. What I'm pointing out is specifically the sloppy transition from the white hair to the brown. It just looks like they got lazy and it just didn't translate well.

- The green/yellow costume paint looked okay. It was the typical crayola bland looking paint and the black areas were pretty flat as well. The lines were actually god on mine though...it was just the plain paint app that I thought could have been better.

- The face skin tone paint app was the same, flat plain paint with no definition. The lips and eyes came out good with the gloss to show moisture in those areas.

- The area where her calf meets her thigh on her right leg wasn't done well either. It almost looks like a line separating the calf and thigh.

Well, enough said for now...let the pics speak for themselves:

Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote